Accounts Payable Coordinator
Igloo is a leading provider of digital workplace solutions, helping companies build inspiring digital destinations where employees can access the information, tools, and expertise they need to do their best work, from wherever they are. The Igloo platform provides a seamless work experience that brings together content and conversation for a more productive and engaged workforce.
The Accounts Payable Coordinator will report into the Director of Finance & Analytics and manage our accounts payable, and payroll process. This is an opportunity to own accounts payable and payroll on our finance team, you will be looked upon to keep organized and up-to-date on our A/P transactions. You will excel in this role if you display sound judgement and a willingness to learn and develop your finance skills.
This is an exciting opportunity to work within a fast-growing tech company. Where you will be able to learn different skills, and work cross functionally within the organization on a small knit finance team.
- Accounts Payable: coordinate, process and pay incoming vendor invoices in a timely manner including coding invoices, performing data entry and cheque/EFT processing.
- Payroll: process companywide payroll on a bi-weekly basis for Canadian & US employees
- Expenses: process employee expense reports and assist in SR&ED reporting.
- Billing & Accounts Receivable: assist the finance team with billing customers and collections of accounts receivable.
- Processes: maintain updated process documentation and standard operating procedures.
- Analysis: understand data and provide ad hoc analysis and insights as needed.
- Reporting: updating and maintaining monthly reports.
Knowledge, skills, and abilities
- 1-3 years’ experience in finance-related position
- Experience processing A/P or A/R in a past role
- Bachelor degree or equivalent education in business and finance/accounting.
- Proven ability to work with cross-functional teams effectively and with minimal supervision
- You see opportunities for process improvements and like to drive efficiencies
- Ability to stay organized and deliver under tight timelines
- Ability to collect, analyze, and synthesize data
- Experience with NetSuite ERP system or salesforce.com is an asset.
Igloo welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.