- Software Engineer, Full Stack
- BuildDirect Technologies
- Jul 20, 2017
- Job Function
- Engineering, Software Development
- Kitchener, Waterloo
- Job Type
- Full time
Software Engineer, Full Stack
Software Engineering at BuildDirect
Our Design Center team in Waterloo is creating tools that make designing your house so easy that anyone can be their own home designer. By pairing constraint satisfaction algorithms with the latest 3D technologies, Design Center provides homeowners with construction-ready designs.
As a member of our fast growing Technology team, you work with a multi-disciplinary group of bright and motivated people. You and your team operate autonomously to solve real customer problems with innovative and data-driven solutions. You will make use of micro services and cloud deployment to rapidly release new code.
Examples of what Software Engineers are creating here
- Design Center, a design tool which allows homeowners to create room designs in seconds and to visualize renovations in 3D
- 3D floor viewer, a React and ThreeJS based widget that allows customers to visualize flooring in a model room
- Square foot calculator, a React based widget to help customers calculate the amount of flooring needed by drawing their room in 2D
- Tilr, a C++ based tool to quickly crop and stitch flooring photographs into seamless, tileable textures
The type of Software Engineers we love here
- Web services and REST APIs
- TDD and test automation
- AWS, CI/Jenkins and deployment
- Agile approach to software development
- Curiosity and drive for continuous improvement
What is BuildDirect’s mission?
We are building an open platform for the home improvement industry. Our mission is to enable sellers to supply homeowners with what they really want and empower homeowners to create their dream home.
BuildDirect by the numbers
Founded in 1999 in beautiful Vancouver. Today over 300 employees with more than 110 in the Technology groups in Vancouver, Waterloo and Bangalore. Every month 2.5 million home owners visit BuildDirect and we ship eight million pounds of products over a distance of six million miles. Learn more at https://www.builddirect.com/Welcome
We work hard & play hard too. We have an active social committee that organizes events like movie nights, video games, bowling, rock climbing, and Friday socials.
We offer competitive salary + benefits!
- Stock options
- Unlimited paid vacation
- $300 yearly learning credit
- Free gym onsite