Senior Software Engineer – Embedded
Want to help build a Smarter Internet?
Senior Software Engineers at Sandvine are smart, passionate developers able to solve complex problems by implementing the most robust high quality solutions on the planet! If you like working on the latest advances in the Internet with engineers who thrive in a collaborative, global organization and have the skills and technical chops to challenge how to get stuff done and do it, you may be ready to join the Sandvine Team. Here at Sandvine we let you thrive while rewarding the top talent in an environment where we play just as hard as we work.
As part of our platform team, you will work on our OS-level software and technology (kernel, drivers, microcode, etc). You should be passionate about operating systems and real-time, embedded development. You probably run an open-source OS such as Linux or FreeBSD at home. You will design, develop, test and maintain a variety of low-level software that runs on our high performance platform while making a name for yourself in the open-source community.
- Develop low-level software on Sandvine’s leading-edge platforms collaborating with our solution architects and other technical leaders
- Implement high quality, high performance code
- Shape the future of the Internet with innovative products and solutions
- Debugging and troubleshooting problems in test and in production
- Create and execute the unit test plan and interface test plan
What skills you bring
- BE or ME (or equivalent degree) degree in Engineering or Computer Science
- Excellent programming skills in C, C++.
- Strong platform and RTOS knowledge (multithreaded programming, driver programming)
- Debugging and troubleshooting of problems in an embedded system using GDB, D-TRACE
- Understanding of kernel level modules like scheduling, memory management and IPCs.
- Usage of profiling tools for CPU and memory
- In-depth knowledge in basic networking concepts like TCP/IP, switching and routing
- Hands-on experience in tunneling protocols like L2TP/GTP/GRE/IPinIP.
At Sandvine, we’re really smart people doing a really hard, important job. We’re building a smarter Internet. Communication service providers use our products to deploy new subscriber services, engage with subscribers and gain insight into, optimize and secure network traffic. We’re a public company with over 300 customers in more than 100 different countries.
Recognized as one of Canada’s Best Workplaces by Great Places to Work® Institute 10 times, our Team Members have the opportunity to innovate, take on new challenges, and make a difference in delivering products that have a real business impact to our global customers. Their ideas are heard and quickly translated into reality, helping to shape tomorrow's smarter Internet.
What can you expect from us
- Casual & Collaborative work environment
- Employee development - training programs, lunch and learns, and education reimbursement
- Fun Work Environment that includes team events, sports leagues, on-site gaming + complementary drinks and snacks
- International travel opportunities
- Onsite service such as hair stylist, chiropractor, massage therapist, lunch delivery and financial advisors
Thank-you for your interest in Sandvine. While we’re not able to reach out to everyone who applies, we will contact you if your skills and experience are a match for the role. Otherwise, we’ll keep your resume in case there is a match with future opportunities.
In the meantime, if you want to learn more about life at Sandvine, follow us on Twitter (@Sandvine) and Facebook (Facebook.com/Sandvine).
Sandvine is committed to supporting a culture of inclusion, diversity and accessibility to employment for all. We are proud to operate as an equal opportunity employer.
-The Sandvine Global Talent Acquisition Team