Software Engineer, Performance Team
Want to help build a Smarter Internet?
As part of the performance engineering team, you will work across several Sandvine platforms and technologies including packet processing, protocol recognition, and network/subscriber policy. You will be responsible for pushing the limits of Sandvine’s hardware and software solutions using specialized data structures, and carefully-optimized code. You should be passionate about all aspects of software performance including algorithm optimizations, data structure selection, programming languages idiosyncracies, CPU/cache/memory architecture and operating system primitives.
- Develop low-level software on Sandvine’s leading-edge platforms collaborating with our solution architects and other technical leaders.
- Able to quickly find “hotspots” in a large software system, you will then re-factor/re-design/re-implement a solution that is simpler, faster, and more robust.
- Implement specialized libraries or data structures that allow our software solutions to scale on modern hardware.
- Assist other software developers in reviewing software designs/implementations with performance and scalability in mind.
- Assist QA developers in designing reliable, accurate performance tests
What skills you bring
- 1+ year of accumulative programming in C/C++ (version 11/14 ideally)
- BE or ME (or equivalent degree) degree in Engineering or Computer Science
- Excellent programming skills in C, C++.
- Interest in modern operating system and compiler technology.
- In-depth knowledge of data structures and algorithms including the C++ standard library containers.
- Experience using CPU and memory profilers
- Experience developing multi-threaded applications (e.g. pthreads)
At Sandvine, we’re really smart people doing a really hard, important job. We’re building a smarter Internet. Communication service providers use our products to deploy new subscriber services, engage with subscribers and gain insight into, optimize and secure network traffic. We’re a public company with over 300 customers in more than 100 different countries.
Recognized as one of Canada’s Best Workplaces by Great Places to Work® Institute 10 times, our Team Members have the opportunity to innovate, take on new challenges, and make a difference in delivering products that have a real business impact to our global customers. Their ideas are heard and quickly translated into reality, helping to shape tomorrow's smarter Internet.
What you can expect from us
- Casual & Collaborative work environment
- Employee development - training programs, lunch and learns, and education reimbursement
- Fun Work Environment that includes team events, sports leagues, on-site gaming + complementary drinks and snacks
- International travel opportunities
- Employee Share Purchase Program & Profit Sharing Program
- Onsite service such as hair stylist, chiropractor, massage therapist, lunch delivery and financial advisors
Thank-you for your interest in Sandvine. While we’re not able to reach out to everyone who applies, we will contact you if your skills and experience are a match for the role. Otherwise, we’ll keep your resume in case there is a match with future opportunities.
In the meantime, if you want to learn more about life at Sandvine, follow us on Twitter (@Sandvine) and Facebook (Facebook.com/Sandvine).
Sandvine is committed to supporting a culture of inclusion, diversity and accessibility to employment for all. We are proud to operate as an equal opportunity employer.
-The Sandvine Global Talent Acquisition Team