Senior Build Engineer
Want to help build a Smarter Internet?
Sandvine is looking to hire a Senior Build Engineer to provide technical leadership on build and release tooling, driving the vision towards truly automated and continuous integration. You’re a natural leader who strives to automate away all manual tasks in order to achieve maximum efficiency. You thrive under pressure and don’t wait to be told what problems need to be solved. You focus on solutions and moving forward, not held up by the obstacles you face.
At Sandvine, we have a plethora of products, ranging from real-time systems to front-end UIs and using diverse languages (C++, java, go, python, etc.). Our build engineers develop unique tools to produce consistent and reliable builds and releases across these products, while providing a common workflow for all users.
As a member of the small build engineering team, you will be responsible for building, maintaining and improving a build system that rapidly builds, tests, and releases all of Sandvine’s products to enable continuous delivery of bug-free software to our customers.
- Analyze development, quality assurance, and project needs to determine improvements and recommendations for continuous, automated build systems that support the teams’ software development life cycle.
- Collaborate with development, QA, release engineering, operations, and site support to achieve high-quality in the entire deployment pipeline.
- Design, develop and maintain all features in the Continuous Integration Platform.
- Drive the development of the unit test automation framework.
- Lead the adoption of automation and scripted application deployments from development to production.
- Drive and champion the adoption of Continuous Delivery and Continuous Integration processes, and tools.
- Research and develop new technologies, tools, techniques and methodologies for implementing and improving the build and release process.
- Educate development teams on operation of continuous, automated build system and related methodologies.
- Implement instrumentation for the purposes of reporting progress and return on investment.
What skills you bring
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Computer Science or related field or comparable work experience,
- 5+ years of experience building, maintaining, and improving continuous, automated build systems
- Experience with Clearcase, GIT or similar version control system
- Experience with automating and scripting application deployment and environment configuration management using various scripting languages (Shell Scripting, Perl, Python, etc.),
- User-level understanding of FreeBSD or Linux/UNIX
- Up-to-date on current development practices, trends, tools, processes, and debates
- Thorough hands-on experience with Hudson/Jenkins, Make, Gitlab, GCC, Maven, Ant, Sonar, CxxTest, or similar tools
- Experience with configuration management tools such as Ansible, Salt, Chef, Puppet, or similar tools
- Understanding of QA and Release Management processes
- Understanding of software packaging, release, and upgrade processes
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated time management, project planning and organizational skills
At Sandvine, we’re really smart people doing a really hard, important job. We’re building a smarter Internet. Communication service providers use our products to deploy new subscriber services, engage with subscribers and gain insight into, optimize and secure network traffic. We’re a public company with over 300 customers in more than 100 different countries.
Recognized as one of Canada’s Best Workplaces by Great Places to Work® Institute 10 times, our Team Members have the opportunity to innovate, take on new challenges, and make a difference in delivering products that have a real business impact to our global customers. Their ideas are heard and quickly translated into reality, helping to shape tomorrow's smarter Internet.
What can you expect from us
- Casual & Collaborative work environment
- Employee development - training programs, lunch and learns, and education reimbursement
- Fun Work Environment that includes team events, sports leagues, on-site gaming + complementary drinks and snacks
- International travel opportunities
- Onsite service such as hair stylist, chiropractor, massage therapist, lunch delivery and financial advisors
Thank-you for your interest in Sandvine. While we’re not able to reach out to everyone who applies, we will contact you if your skills and experience are a match for the role. Otherwise, we’ll keep your resume in case there is a match with future opportunities.
In the meantime, if you want to learn more about life at Sandvine, follow us on Twitter (@Sandvine) and Facebook (Facebook.com/Sandvine).
Sandvine is committed to supporting a culture of inclusion, diversity and accessibility to employment for all. We are proud to operate as an equal opportunity employer.
-The Sandvine Global Talent Acquisition Team