Are you looking for a unique opportunity to grow your skills with a rapidly scaling tech company that works with some of the biggest corporations in North America? Do you want to work on a full range of bookkeeping tasks from AP/AR to payroll and invoicing?
Reporting to Dianne Prupas, General Counsel, we need a Bookkeeper who can step up to the challenge of bringing our accounting function in-house. This is an opportunity for someone who is a problem-solver. Someone who can accurately record, process, assist in the preparation of corporate tax returns and maintain all of the day-to-day financial transactions including records of purchases, sales, receipts, payments, payroll and cash flow.
What we do:
InFlight North Corp is a software company based out of Kitchener-Waterloo. InFlight brings the user experience of aging enterprise applications into the future. We do things with legacy enterprise software that no one thought possible.
Our approach to modernization is so simple, yet so sophisticated, it dissolves all the technical and organizational hurdles that enterprises usually face during IT projects.
We enable blue chip brands to:
* Enhance online and mobile service delivery to create emotional impact and engagement
* Step outside disruptive and expensive cycle of software upgrades and migrations
* Deliver a perpetually fresh user experience for the least cost
InFlight is a small company that’s been able to transcend the hype usually associated with the industry. We’ve got all the perks and opportunities that start-ups have, plus all the advantages of being an established and profitable business.
Here’s how our new Bookkeeper will support the team:
* Process. You will process accounts receivable/payable and handle payroll for our Canadian staff in a timely manner
* Support. You will work closely with vendors to ensure timely and accurate payment of invoices and answer all pertaining inquiries
* Create. You will generate customer and vendor invoices in QuickBooks
* Prepare. You will prepare and maintain financial reports and statements
* Verify accuracy. You will perform highly accurate data entry and ensure transactions are recorded correctly. You will perform partial checks of the posting process
* Balance. You will bring the books to the trial balance stage
* Improve. You will participate in process improvement initiatives including:
* Processes to streamline workloads
* Opportunities to enhance efficiencies
* Collaborating on the creation of internal compliance controls
* Close. You will assist with month-end, quarterly-end and year-end closing. You will assist with the preparation of our corporate tax forms
You may be the person we’re looking for if you have:
* The education. You have a relevant degree or diploma
* The experience. You have 3+ years of experience in general bookkeeping. You are adept at processing payroll, tax payments, accounts payable, accounts receivable and invoices
* The knowledge. You have a solid understanding of basic bookkeeping and accounting principles. You have a proven ability to calculate, post and manage accounting figures and financial records
* The technical tools. You have experience with MS Office in particular Excel, QuickBooks.
* The essential skills. You have an obsession for detail. You are meticulous, analytical and organized. You are highly motivated to learn on-the-job and pitch-in wherever needed
* The communication skills. You have strong written and verbal communication skills. You can work with internal and external customers and negotiate with vendors
Want to learn more about what it’s like to work at InFlight?
Visit our Careers page ( www.inflightintegration.com/jobs [http://www.inflightintegration.com/jobs] ) to learn more about our perks, culture and values.
Does this sound good? Apply now!
If you’re ready to make an impact on how the world’s biggest brands work, we’d love to hear from you.
InFlight welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.content_copy