Embedded Software Engineer (OpenGL / OpenCL)
Position Type: Full-Time
Location: Flexible (Kitchener, Ontario or Remote)
We are looking for experienced OpenGL and OpenCL embedded graphics software developers to help create and improve our safety critical embedded graphics and compute drivers. CoreAVI was a key participant in defining the OpenGL SC 2.0 specification and continues to be active in the Khronos Group defining new safety critical standards. We pride ourselves on having a world class software team developing the OpenGL and OpenCL drivers powering today’s and tomorrow’s most advance avionics, automotive, and embedded systems! Our core values are family, quality, and team collaboration. Candidates must be self-driven, highly creative, and very resourceful.
Why work for CoreAVI?
CoreAVI is very much an employee first, family first company. With some of the top software engineers, and a driven, knowledgeable sales team, CoreAVI is the world’s leading supplier of graphic and video drivers for real time safety critical systems. CoreAVI actively participates in the next generation of safety critical graphics API’s as defined by Khronos Group.
CoreAVI fosters a cohesive work environment, encouraging teamwork and sharing organizational successes. If you are looking to join an organization with flexible hours, a talented and supportive team, an autonomous work environment, and niche software products relied upon worldwide, CoreAVI is the organization for you.
As CoreAVI continues to expand and infiltrate various markets, we hope to continue welcoming creative, self-driven individuals to work toward future successes.
- Developing next generation and improving existing embedded OpenGL and OpenCL drivers
- Bringing CoreAVI's software solutions to new embedded systems
- Solving embedded system integration challenges
- Support new Real-Time Operating System configurations
- Profiling and optimizing drivers and applications
- Creating test cases and DO-178 and ISO26262 safety critical certification artifact
- Writing and reviewing technical specifications
- Working as a team to produce reliable, high quality, safety critical software
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field
- 3+ years of experience in software development (C/C++)
- Outstanding verbal and written communication is crucial
- Strong organization and technical skills
- Excellent analytical / problem solving skills
- Ingrained sense of accountability and ownership
- Continuous drive for learning, pushing technical limits, and finding new solutions
- 3+ years of experience developing, debugging, and troubleshooting embedded OpenGL or OpenCL drivers
- Experience with embedded operating systems (VxWorks, Integrity, Linux, Deos)
- Experience with DO-178 or ISO26262 software development
If you are interested in working for CoreAVI, please send your resume to email@example.com