BUSINESS ANALYST (Job 190)
Salaried one-year contract with benefits
Submission deadline: July 3, 2017
Located in Guelph, the Ontario Universities’ Application Centre (OUAC) processes applications for admission to undergraduate, law, medical, rehabilitation sciences, and teacher education programs for Ontario’s universities. We provide a progressive and supportive working environment for our employees, along with a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits. For further information about the OUAC, visit: www.ouac.on.ca/about-employment/.
The OUAC is an equal opportunity employer with equitable and accessible employment practices, based on the principles specified in Ontario legislation (Human Rights Code and Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act [AODA]). Accommodations for job applicants with disabilities are available upon request.
The OUAC is seeking to fill a position in its Project Management Office (PMO). The incumbent will join a team involved in project and operational work at the OUAC and will successfully gather and document business requirements. The successful candidate must possess proven leadership skills, effectively communicate with stakeholders and ensure quality project deliverables are in accordance with organizational deadlines.
- Understand and represent stakeholder needs; lead and coordinate the collection and verification of customer and business needs.
- Document and organize the requirements for systems, and communicate requirements to an entire team.
- Ensure that the delivered solution meets the needs of the business and adds value to the organization. Provide training materials and customer support for end users (internal and external).
- Manage and maintain user security in both the Application Interface and PeopleSoft environments (create accounts, user profiles, roles, permission lists, etc.).
- A university degree, an advanced college diploma or experience deemed to be equivalent.
- Minimum five years of progressive work experience as a Business Analyst. At least three years’ experience in a senior level role in a software development project.
- Strong understanding of business and communication skills.
- Courses in business analysis and project management principles would be helpful.
- Demonstrated experience in preparing written materials and presenting information on technical and complex administrative processes.
- Prior experience with web application usage and web application interface design.
Abilities / Skills:
- IIBA certification or equivalent.
- Strong analytical skills to understand the business needs.
- Adept at queries, report writing and presenting findings.
- High attention to detail and accuracy.
- Customer relationships management.
Submit your cover letter and resume as one file (PDF preferred). Please add expected salary.
We thank all applicants for applying; however, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.