Everyone knows that Hockey is more than just a sport, and here in Canada it’s a way of life. Are looking to join the world leader in providing hockey-related technologies and information services? Now is your chance to bring your obsession for hockey and your passion for technology together.
What we are looking for:
At HockeyTech we have built a close-knit team of incredibly talented people passionate about building lasting value for our customers. We offer the world's deepest range of IT services for hockey organizations and are building new applications that will revolutionize the sport.
We need to expand our team and are looking for an exceptional Director of Technology to help us build on our success.
The Director of Technology facilitates and coordinates the efforts of the technology team. The leader manages coding standards, the development model, deployment (including automated testing) and basic issues of security. This is a hands-on role, as Technical Director you will be expected to roll up your sleeves and review code, debug, and always be looking at all aspects of the application stack.
The Director is a keen team player who leads their peers through example, passes along knowledge, and creates an atmosphere of cooperation within the technology group. The Director motivates teams and maintains a comfortable and conducive working environment.
- Remove technical impediments at any level
- Be the final authority for mission critical issue escalation
- Help resolve conflicts within a team or between teams
- Assist Scrum Masters in the coordination of technical task dependencies across teams
- Find ways to improve team velocity
- Provide developmental feedback to Dev and Ops team members on-going
- Be a technical reference to management
- Oversee the improvement of legacy systems and application of coding standards
- Ensure technical initiatives align with business objectives
- Assist in the hiring and training of Dev and Ops staff
The experience and skills you bring to the team:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer/Software Engineering or Computer Science or equivalent
- Ten years or more experience working in a systems development role within an Information Technology Department
- Two years or more experience working in a leadership role
- Strong knowledge of the job functions of client groups
- Expert knowledge of software design and applicable industry experience in working on software development projects within the sport industry
- Experience with designing and supporting critical business applications in a production environment
- Ability to design & perform standard application unit testing and debugging
- Extensive knowledge of business systems analysis and problem resolution
- Experience with Entity Framework or other ORM technologies
- Experience with AWS including Autoscaler Groups and CodeDeploy
- Expert knowledge of RESTful or other web service technologies
- Expert knowledge of Linux
- Minimum 5 years’ experience working with PHP in a LAMP environment
- Minimum 5 years’ experience working with MySQL databases
Bonus scores for:
- A passion for hockey and our products
We’ve got you covered:
HockeyTech offers an excellent work environment, competitive pay, and Company paid group benefits program, including other great incentives. We’re committed to an inclusive, accessible work environment, where all employees feel valued, respected and supported.
We will happily provide accommodation for applicants with disabilities as part of our recruitment process. If you are contacted to arrange for an interview or testing, please advise us if you require additional accommodation.