Business Development Representative, for on-demand transit software
This is an opportunity in the exciting and fast-growing transportation technology industry. As Business Development Representative, you’ll be responsible for researching, contacting, qualifying and warming up new customer opportunities with public transit agencies and private fleet operators. You will develop an understanding of urban mobility challenges faced by transit operators and articulate how RideCo’s on-demand platform can solve their problems. Your success will be measured by the number of qualified client prospects you bring to our deal team. Excel in this role, and you’ll have a path to Principal or Account Executive.
Your day-to-day responsibilities will include:
- Prospect and qualify: Research and contact high-quality prospects through various channels including email, phone, LinkedIn, and industry tradeshows. Review and qualify municipal RFPs. Respond to inbound leads.
- Educate: Understand potential clients’ pain points and articulate our value proposition by providing presentations, product demonstrations, case studies, and relevant content.
- Book product demos: Work in tandem with senior business development team members to fill the sales funnel with qualified prospects.
- Manage outbound campaigns: Continuously test, analyze, and improve our outbound campaigns’ strategy and messaging, together with the broader team.
Preferred qualifications and experience:
- Sociable and great communication skills
- Proven track record in sales or business development
- Tech-savvy, proficient with online research, CRM tools, and analysis using Excel
- Willing to travel approximately 20% as needed.
- Startup company or consulting experience is an asset
- Post-secondary education in any field
- Location: Based in Waterloo, Ontario or willing to relocate
Compensation and benefits:
- Base Salary: $50K - $60K + performance-based bonus
- Work-Life Balance: Flex time, work from home, vacation time
- Benefits Plan: Dental, prescription, disability, massage and more
- Food & Fun: Gourmet coffee, teas, juice, snacks, team lunches
Email your resume (or link to your LinkedIn profile) and cover letter to:
Email Subject: “Business Development Representative”
In your cover letter or email, please write a few sentences outlining how you meet the requirements for this role.
Who we are:
RideCo powers on-demand transit. Public transit agencies use RideCo's cloud-based software platform to provide on-demand shared rides in dynamically routed buses, vans, and cars. Our clients include some of the world’s largest transportation operators such as San Antonio Metro, Los Angeles Metro, San Diego County, Grab, and Calgary Transit.
Have you experienced getting frustrated with transfers and waiting while taking a public bus? Have you seen buses drive around in low-density areas with very few passengers on-board and wondered how inefficient that seems to be? You're likely aware of the first & last mile access challenges faced by transit hubs. We are solving these problems by re-imagining shared mobility. Imagine a world where vehicles have dynamic routes responsive to real-time trip demand. This 'dynamic shuttle' (or van /sedan) would pick you up, on-demand, at or near your doorstep and take you to your destination or transit hub. Along the way, it may pick-up other passengers going in your direction. Your experience will be seamless: less waiting, less walking, fewer transfers, shorter travel time, and timely pickups and drop-offs. RideCo's 'dynamic shuttle' platform enables this seamless experience and low-cost shared rides for vehicle fleet operators and their passengers. By seamlessly moving more people in fewer vehicles we are catalyzing a generational shift in how people get around cities and towns. This means commuters spend less time in transit and more time doing what they enjoy.
RideCo powers a diverse range of use cases, including residential/ suburban travel; first-mile-last-mile connections for transit hubs; and corporate employee transportation. We are investing to scale up and capture the growing demand for on-demand shared rides solutions.