Are you looking for unlimited opportunities to develop and succeed? With work that challenges and makes a difference, within a flexible and supportive environment, we can help our customers achieve their dreams and aspirations.
Core Engineering and Transformation is a new and exciting software development team at Manulife and is the foundation of Manulife’s digital transformation. We are striving to create leading, mobile and web experiences that enables our customers to choose how, when and where they want to engage with their financial services. This is your opportunity to get in on the ground floor and help us re-imagine and reinvent what it means to deliver great software. You will join the Core Engineering and Transformation team as we build our new Digital Garage where teams are working together to shape what it means to have a great customer experience and build awesome solutions that will delight all Canadians. Our Garage promotes collaboration across our agile teams with the use of modern tools, platforms, and services.
In support of this vision, we are growing our teams and looking for enthusiastic and inspired people who want to be a part of our future.
To be successful in this role, you will have strong Business acumen with a technical background and have the ability to grasp abstract concepts and communicate them to others at all levels of the organization in a way that is easy to understand. You are able to work independently and given only a high-level description of the business challenge, are able to investigate and articulate potential solutions, achieving buy-in from stakeholders across the organization.
As a Salesforce Marketing Cloud Admin, you will have:
- Strong experience developing and supporting Salesforce Marketing Cloud and Salesforce Sales Cloud
- Lead administrative oversight in Marketing Cloud ensuring strong governance and execution of best practices
- Develop and modify application components across disparate platforms and technologies
- Consult on best practices for the technical set up of marketing automation platforms, journey builds, lead generation, data integration workflows, data hygiene and maintenance
- Work closely with the development team to make sure best practices are followed
- Drive technical development
- Study/implement new Salesforce features and capabilities that integrate to mobility solutions to enhance user productivity
- Ensure comprehensive and appropriate documentation at all stages, within an assignment
- Apply technical and business knowledge to identify, analyze and solve problems
- Provide technical expertise and support where required
- Coach and mentor engineering team
- Use tools and methods such as proof-of-concept to assess alternate solutions to help ensure the team proceeds with the right solutions
- Conduct development life cycle reviews as required, driving IIS best practices (e.g. design, documentation, quality)
- Support Practice team governance of implementation and architectural standards, and escalate concerns that may introduce non-conformance, performance / stability issues, or un-managed risks
- Integrate vendor solutions and interfaces for medium to highly complex situations
- Collaborate with geographically and culturally diverse cross-functional teams
- Contribute to continuous improvements of departmental best practices
- Provide technical leadership and consulting support for large implementations
You will bring and continuously build upon the following skills:
- An entrepreneurial spirit and comfort working within a rapidly changing startup environment; you love the challenge of working on a small team and being part of a larger movement to change the engineering culture of an enterprise
- Developing junior team members and a passion for growing staff within the organization
- A capacity for constant learning from both success and failure, remaining open to change and continuous improvement
- Excellent organizational and problem-solving abilities that enable you to manage through creative abrasion
- Strong verbal and written communication with the ability to effectively articulate and communicate technical vision, possibilities, and outcomes across all levels in the organization
- A desire to continuously learn and build salesforce skills through trailhead and training as needed
- Knowledge of AMPScript, SSJS, HTML, CSS, and REST and SOAP APIs as it relates to Marketing Cloud would be an asset
- Strong understanding of Agile Principles and knowledge of tools like JIRA, Confluence is an asset
You will be working with:
- Development teams that use Salesforce and other similar technologies
- Content Development and Digital Analytics Teams
- Collaborating with Business teams including Product Owners; providing support to define and prioritize user stories
Want to learn more? Apply today, we are eager to speak with you!
If you are ready to unleash your potential it’s time to start your career with Manulife/John Hancock.
Manulife Financial Corporation is a leading international financial services group that helps people make their decisions easier and lives better. We operate primarily as John Hancock in the United States and Manulife elsewhere. We provide financial advice, insurance, as well as wealth and asset management solutions for individuals, groups and institutions. At the end of 2018, we had more than 34,000 employees, over 82,000 agents, and thousands of distribution partners, serving almost 28 million customers. As of June 30, 2019, we had over $1.1 trillion (US$877 billion) in assets under management and administration, and in the previous 12 months we made $29.4 billion in payments to our customers.
Our principal operations in Asia, Canada and the United States are where we have served customers for more than 100 years. With our global headquarters in Toronto, Canada, we trade as 'MFC' on the Toronto, New York, and the Philippine stock exchanges and under '945' in Hong Kong.
Manulife is an equal opportunity employer. We strive to attract, develop and retain a workforce that is as diverse as the customers we serve and to foster an inclusive work environment that embraces the strength of cultures and individuals. We are committed to fair recruitment, retention and advancement and we administer all of our practices and programs based on qualification and performance and without discrimination on any protected ground.
It is our priority to remove barriers to provide equal access to employment. A Human Resources representative will consult with applicants contacted to participate at any stage of the recruitment process who request any accommodation. Information received regarding the accommodation needs of applicants will be addressed confidentially.