- Type of Position: Full Time – Permanent
- Location: Waterloo, Ontario
- Report To: Co-CEO
- Experience: New Grad or Early in Career
Salary: Base + Commission
Headquartered in Waterloo, Ontario, OCTOPUZ Inc. provides offline robot programming and simulation software for businesses of all sizes, from small shops to global corporations. OCTOPUZ is a complete software solution that enables users to simulate industrial robot applications on a computer then generate robot specific code to run live jobs in production. Our software solution supports a wide variety of robot applications including welding, trimming, painting, 3-D printing, and more. OCTOPUZ offers a powerful, flexible, and customizable environment where users can program multiple robots simultaneously. Our focus is to provide an intuitive, easy to use software solution that enables companies to reach a higher level of efficiency with their processes and opens opportunities for them to expand their business potential.
To learn more, visit our website at www.octopuz.com
You are excited by the world of robotics and automation and have a proven ability to quickly learn new technical concepts. You are skilled at driving the conversation forward; navigating through objections and are never thrown off by the curveball. You have professional communication skills, along with an outgoing and engaging personality that all together enables you to deliver a compelling message to potential customers verbally on the phone and through written campaigns. You recognize that you need to be persuasive and resilient in this role in order to exceed your targets through prospecting and outbound lead generation. You take control of your own success and are ready to take the next steps to build your successful technical sales career.
About the Role
OCTOPUZ is strategically disrupting and providing significant value to an exciting industry and as SDR you will have the opportunity to directly impact our sales growth performance! Your consistent production of qualified sales opportunities is a leading indicator for OCTOPUZ’ projected revenue performance. As a key member of a professional sales team, you will have the opportunity to grow your B2B software sales career with us.
In this role, you will:
- Utilize your strong research and outreach abilities (using platforms such as LinkedIn Sales Navigator, Salesloft, the internet, phone etc.) to generate outbound opportunities.
- Engage and qualify all in-bound leads.
- Analyze prospects’ business and technical requirements to understand their needs and clearly articulate the value of the OCTOPUZ solution.
- Collect and organize relevant sales-ready information and business intelligence in Salesforce to hand-off qualified opportunities to the Sales team.
- Continuously evolve and perfect messaging scripts and value statements to improve lead generation.
- Collaborate with Sales and Marketing, providing input and insight into lead generation and/or marketing campaigns.
- Actively manage your lead generation plans and pipeline to achieve your qualified opportunities quota.
- Actively participate in internal sales and marketing meetings, sharing market intelligence.
- Completion of a Post-Secondary education (either University or College).
- Proven self-starter with a drive to succeed in a sales environment.
- Demonstrated effectiveness working both individually and as a team.
- Technical background or experience in a sales environment is considered an asset.
- Experience with Salesforce or a similar CRM is considered an asset.
No calls or agencies please.
OCTOPUZ Inc. is committed to ensuring a culture of inclusion and diversity and will consider all applicants regardless of age, marital status, race, colour, religion, sex, orientation, national origin, or disability. For those requiring accommodations during any stage of the application process, please call 1-226-894-1253 to speak with Human Resources.