Are you looking for unlimited opportunities to develop and succeed? With work that challenges and makes a difference, within a flexible and supportive environment, we can help our customers achieve their dreams and aspirations.
Digital transformers needed!
Does rapid iteration, experimentation and curiosity fuel your purpose? Do you want to be part of our mission to make decisions easier and lives better for our customers and employees?
Manulife / John Hancock is on a journey to become a customer obsessed, digital leader. We’re transforming and we need you.
Who are you?
- You obsess about customers, seeking ways to listen, engage and act for their benefit
- You think big, with a constant curiosity to discover ways to use an agile mindset and enable the business to achieve its outcomes
- You thrive in teams, believing getting it done together drives innovation
- You take ownership and build solutions, focusing on what matters
- You do what is right, working with integrity and speaking out when needed
- You share your humanity, building a diverse and inclusive work environment for everyone
Platform Software Engineer
Job description and duties:
- Evaluate, identify, and automate the administration of various tools used in the DevOps Engineering Infrastructure
- Develop and maintain build pipeline automation scripts, process and custom applications built inhouse
- Support deployment and automation for client/server applications and testing suites
- Develop and administer various tools supporting CI/CD & Release Management including Source Control repositories, Continuous Integration/Delivery environment, JIRA issue tracking and Confluence team collaboration tooling
- Be available to support our end users for the DevOps tooling our team owns
- Promote a co-operative work environment through building relationships with our stakeholders and driving enhancements to the end-to-end process (feature to production)
Required skills and qualifications:
- Comfortable with programming in one complex language like Java, C#, Python, Ruby
- Experience with scripting languages such as Bash, Node.js, PowerShell, etc.
- Experience administering and configuring web server technologies (Apache, WebLogic, nginx, etc)
- Experience with virtual infrastructure such as vSphere and Docker
- Knowledge of Continuous Delivery/Continuous Integration processes and concepts
- Knowledge of micro/web service architectures
- Knowledge and experience with SCM tools and best practices (GIT, Jenkins, Artifactory, SonarQube, etc)
- Knowledge of platform as a service (PaaS) solutions such as (Cloud Foundry, AWS, MS Azure)
- Proven ability to work in a project/team environment
- A creative thinker and problem solver
- A hunger for success and to get the job done and done well
- Committed to customer satisfaction
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
Additional skills would be an asset:
- Configuration Management tools (Chef, Ansible, etc.,)
- Mobile device technology and signing process for native iOS and Android
- React (experience with other frameworks, such as Angular, will work)
- Interacting with APIs and an understanding of REST
- Test Driven Development
- Container orchestration like Kubernetes
What we bring:
- A bold ambition and set of goals to drive transformation in our industry
- A mission for “Decisions made easier. Lives made better.”
- A leadership team dedicated to your growth and success
- Our best. Every day.
- Learn more about us here (https://www.manulife.com/en/careers/why-join-us.html)
If you are ready to unleash your potential it’s time to start your career with Manulife/John Hancock.
Manulife Financial Corporation is a leading international financial services group that helps people make their decisions easier and lives better. We operate primarily as John Hancock in the United States and Manulife elsewhere. We provide financial advice, insurance, as well as wealth and asset management solutions for individuals, groups and institutions. At the end of 2018, we had more than 34,000 employees, over 82,000 agents, and thousands of distribution partners, serving almost 28 million customers. As of June 30, 2019, we had over $1.1 trillion (US$877 billion) in assets under management and administration, and in the previous 12 months we made $29.4 billion in payments to our customers.
Our principal operations in Asia, Canada and the United States are where we have served customers for more than 100 years. With our global headquarters in Toronto, Canada, we trade as 'MFC' on the Toronto, New York, and the Philippine stock exchanges and under '945' in Hong Kong.
Manulife is an equal opportunity employer. We strive to attract, develop and retain a workforce that is as diverse as the customers we serve and to foster an inclusive work environment that embraces the strength of cultures and individuals. We are committed to fair recruitment, retention and advancement and we administer all of our practices and programs based on qualification and performance and without discrimination on any protected ground.
It is our priority to remove barriers to provide equal access to employment. A Human Resources representative will consult with applicants contacted to participate at any stage of the recruitment process who request any accommodation. Information received regarding the accommodation needs of applicants will be addressed confidentially.