We’re looking for a Java Software Developer to help take Fiix’s explosive growth to a whole new level. We think most software is too complex, too many features with too many promises. We're on a mission to change that - to build truly superior software that changes the way people work. Our team is growing fast and we're looking for talented developers just like you that are hungry to innovate.
Fiix has a big goal – to create a more sustainable world. Sounds lofty right? Our mission is to make every maintenance team successful by enabling the adoption of a CMMS and we’re off to a great start. Teams that are part of the world’s most well known brands (like Kraft Heinz, Siemens, and MolsonCoors) manage their maintenance activities and achieve greater results with Fiix. But we’re not stopping there. Our team is growing in leaps and bounds and we’re conquering new challenges every day. We’re looking for big thinkers with small egos to join us on our journey to create a more sustainable world
Why we do it?
We’re a team of market disrupting, like-minded individuals. We all do things our own way, but we come together each and every day to create and deliver the long awaited answer to an antiquated industry – and we have a lot of fun while we’re at it. We work in a great space in downtown Toronto, where we build awesome software and have fun.
Simply put, the best software developer on the planet.
- You have between 3-8 years’ experience developing software for complex systems in Java and Spring.
- You have a deep understanding of Java, OOPS concepts and SOLID design principles.
- You have solid knowledge of the Spring Framework with exposure to Spring Boot, ORM (Hibernate) and at least one RDMBS like MySQL or others.
- You have extensive experience building APIs, both SOAP and REST.
- You understand and have demonstrated knowledge of common Design Patterns and/or Integration Patterns and Techniques.
- You practice TDD and you are great with developer testing tools and methodologies (i.e. unit testing, integration testing, load testing, and continuous integration testing).
- You have used Git source code management tools in previous roles.
- You have experience working with modern Java build tools such as Maven or Gradle, CI & CD
- You are exposed to Agile development methodologies.
- You love working in a collaborative setting with thrive on the idea of collective success in achieving common goals.
- You obsess over delivering high quality software and care deeply about code quality, readability and reliability.
- Familiarity with Spring Integrations is a definite asset.
- Familiarity with ERPs such as Netsuite or SAP is a plus.
- A B.S., M.S., or Ph.D. in Computer Science or equivalent would be ideal.
Fiix is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive and accessible environment for all employees. Please let us know if you require accommodations during the interview process.