Security Operations Analyst
We’re looking for a Security Operations Analyst to help take Fiix’s explosive growth to a whole new level. We think most software is too complex, too many features with too many promises. We're on a mission to change that - to build truly superior software that changes the way people work. Our team is growing fast and we're looking for talented people just like you that are hungry to innovate.
Fiix has a big goal – to create a more sustainable world. Sounds lofty right? Our mission is to make every maintenance team successful by enabling the adoption of a CMMS and we’re off to a great start. Teams that are part of the world’s most well known brands (like Kraft Heinz, Siemens, and MolsonCoors) manage their maintenance activities and achieve greater results with Fiix. But we’re not stopping there. Our team is growing in leaps and bounds and we’re conquering new challenges every day. We’re looking for big thinkers with small egos to join us on our journey to create a more sustainable world.
Why we do it?
We’re a team of market disrupting, like-minded individuals. We all do things our own way, but we come together each and every day to create and deliver the long awaited answer to an antiquated industry – and we have a lot of fun while we’re at it. We work in a great space in downtown Toronto, where we build awesome software and have fun.
What you will be doing?
As a Security Operations Analyst at Fiix, you will bring a highly collaborative approach to all you do. You’ll work closely with developers, DevOps Engineers, QA, product owners, support staff and other cross-functional teams to ensure the Confidentiality, Integrity and Availability of the product.
- Tackle new technical initiatives, tooling and processes to continuously improve security posture and visibility
- Execution and automation of regular compliance related audit activities
- Threat detection and risk evaluation activities at Cloud, System and Application layers
- Working with teams to develop dashboarding and KPIs to support DevSecOps practices
- Maintaining daily and regular system health review activities
- Developing automated monitoring and alerting capabilities
- Administering and configuring non-production and production systems
- Ensuring adherence to change management systems and processes
- Maintaining and enhancing incident response procedures
- Continuous improvement and management of process, policy and run-book documents
- Managing security findings to resolution using Jira work management system
What are we looking for?
- 2+ years of production public cloud experience, ideally AWS
- Cloud infrastructure using IaC, for example, CloudFormation, Terraform
- Coding and scripting skills to achieve high quality, testable automation
- Vulnerability, configuration and secrets management tools
- Familiar with Security and compliance as code concepts
- Monitoring platform management
- Experience administering Linux systems
- Everything as code mindset
- Strong security mindset, whether or not you have worked in a security role before
- Highly organized with attention to detail
- Collaborative team player focuses optimizing the process and minimizing waste
- Intellectual curiosity and a love of continuous learning in a polyglot environment
- Takes ownership and sees initiatives through to completion
- Builds a culture of transparency by teaching and learning with other teams
- Ability to respond on-call in a rotation and support incident management activities
Nice to have:
- Experience with CI/CD pipelines such as Jenkins & AWS CodePipeline
- Experience with Docker and container management, ideally ECS, Fargate or K8s
- Java, MySQL, postgres or Kafka knowledge
- Experience with Microservice architecture patterns
At Fiix, we recognize that people come with a wealth of experience and talent beyond just the technical requirements of a job. If your experience is close to what you see listed here, please still consider applying. Diversity of thought and skills combined with passion is a key to innovation and excellence. Therefore, we encourage people from all backgrounds to apply to our positions. Please let us know if you require accommodations during the interview process.