About Clearpath Robotics Inc.
Clearpath Robotics Inc. develops the future of robotics technology through development and sale of industry-leading self-driving technology, products, and services to over 500 of the world’s most innovative brands. Proprietary hardware, software, and services are delivered through the company’s research and industrial divisions: Clearpath Robotics and OTTO™ Motors. Clearpath Robotics Inc. is an award-winning company with recent awards including Robotics Business Review Top 50 Robotics Company, Edison Award for Innovation, Business Insider Top 40 under 40, and Canada’s Top 100 Employers.
About OTTO™ Motors
OTTO™ Motors is making material handling in industrial settings safer, easier, and more efficient through development of hardware and software that automates movement of goods in busy factories and warehouses. The company’s industry-leading self driving technology provides automated and on-demand material handling in the most demanding industrial environments, spanning automotive, medical device, aerospace, logistics, and more. Customers trusting their mission-critical material handling needs to OTTO Motors include Fortune 100 brands GE, Toyota, and Caterpillar. For more information visit www.ottomotors.com.
About the Job
The OTTO Motors branch of Clearpath is looking for a software developer/engineer to join the Fleet Application team.
In Fleet Applications, we are responsible for the design, development, and support of software applications that are created to allow customers to interact with, monitor and support their fleets of OTTO Autonomous Vehicles. This involves participation in the entire product workflow, from customer insight gathering, problem definition, solution proposals, application design, development, and support.
For this role, we are seeking an individual to join the fleet application development team to help us build and support industry defining applications for working with autonomous vehicles and fleets. You would be working closely with the other members of the development team, as well as many other groups within OTTO Motors, in order to provide awesome solutions to the problems our customers want to solve with their fleets of OTTO vehicles.
Your primary responsibilities will be:
- Implementing new OTTO Motors fleet applications, including creating technical design documents, technical architecture and application development.
- Supporting and maintaining existing OTTO Motors fleet applications, including adding new features, implementing design changes and resolving bugs.
- Supporting product management with technical product management tasks
- Investigating new technologies and products that will better allow us to provide top tier solutions for our customers
You see the potential in intelligent robotics to change the world, and you want a career where you’ll get to make this happen personally. You want to work for a technology company that thinks big and dreams huge. You are driven, view work as more than just a job, and are never satisfied with a project left half-done. You want to be surrounded by people like you; creative, fun-loving, and passionate about their work. You like being the go-to person for technical questions. You are motivated by making an impact on your workplace and you thrive on challenging and rewarding problems.
Required Experience / Skills:
- 1-3 years of related experience
- Using web frameworks and tools such as React, Angular, webpack, npm/yarn
- Working directly with designers to implement pixel-perfect user interfaces
- Comfortable in a bash terminal on Unix based systems
- Implementing user interfaces that must work on both desktop and mobile platforms
- Writing development documentation and using source control and build systems.
- Working in a collaborative environment, interfacing with other team members, sharing knowledge via diagrams, discussion, and examples
Bonus Points For:
- Server-side development using NodeJS or Python, implementing API's and supporting services
- Experience with ROS / Robotics Systems
- Writing installable mobile applications, using web or native technologies
- Implementing web-based mapping technologies
- Industrial integration experience, communicating with PLCs or OPC/UA servers
- C++ / Python experience