Intermediate to Senior Client Support Technician
We are currently seeking a talented Intermediate to Senior Client Support Technician who will be responsible for prompt and effective problem-solving and troubleshooting contracted clients through centralized Help Desk when notifications of irregularities, system failures or dysfunctions occur through to their execution and completion.
- Provide support to clients via phone, email, and on-line submitted tickets
- Work as a key team member on deploying managed services (mService) as guided by corporate standards and client contracts; this includes servers, network infrastructure, monitoring, reporting, and systems conversions
- Make your expertise available to support the efforts sales and marketing colleagues on occasion to assist in job specifications/closing sales
- Assist in the consultative sales process to close customer sales
- Install, configure and upgrade operating systems and software, using “Best Practices” standards
- Install, configure, assemble and repair computers, monitors, network infrastructure and peripherals such as printers and related hardware; LANs and WANs
- Troubleshoot and solve hardware and software problems;
- Use initiative and independent judgment within established contractual agreements guidelines and procedures
- Communicate effectively with customers, co-workers, representatives of public and private organizations and others to exchange or convey information
- Support the Technical Services Unit and Professional Support Group(PSG) projects as needed
- Support mServices contract for internal systems
- Scope, recommend and install ‘PSA’ systems and core business systems
- 3-5 years of work experience
- Some experience in Project Management
- Post-Secondary Diploma, Computer Systems Technology OR Post-Secondary Degree, Computer Science
- Experience with computer hardware, software and peripherals such as servers, workstations, thin clients, monitors, cables, network systems, printers, routers, modems, and managed switches
- Procedures for installing, configuring, upgrading, troubleshooting and repairing applicable software, hardware and peripherals
- Principles, practices, hardware and software related to the establishment and maintenance of LANs and WANs
- Techniques for explaining technical concepts and procedures to non-technical users.
- Working knowledge of General networking (DHCP, DNS, Routing, NAT, firewalling, VLANs, etc)
- General Unix skills (Linux, primarily)
- Working knowledge of Windows networking (Active Directory, Group Policy, file sharing/migration, licensing services, RDP)
- Virtualization infrastructures: VMWare, XenServer, Linux KVM, Hyper-V
- Organization Skills
- An interest in using technology creatively to accelerate business
8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., Monday to Friday.
We thank you for your interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.