Who we are searching for:
You are a highly motivated and aggressive self-starter with a solid background in project management. As Applications Administrator, you will be primarily responsible for the day to day management, configuration, and administration of our core corporate applications. Additionally, you will establish/maintain relationships with key department leads in an effort to continue strong communication of planned and unplanned Information Technology events.
Your role at IMS:
- Act as a key resource for user requests, middleware and database issues
- Administer Customer Relation Management systems such as Maximizer & Salesforce
- Liaise with all company departments on application deployment, support, ERP and Intranet
- Liaise with Atlassian vendor and IMS team to refine and maintain various Atlassian environments
- Assist with schema design for Integrated Fragment Analysis & Comparative Sequencing projects
- Install the SQL databases, create dashboards, administer employee accounts and manage access privileges
- Participate in the development process to manage and maintain new IT solutions
- Maintains security and policies in collaboration with Information Systems Security Officer
- Maintains user confidence and protects operations by keeping information confidential
- Responsible for creating integrated BI within our products, and driving BI within the organization as an operational mandate
- Act as key point of contact for future needs in software applications and train staff on in-house applications
- Work directly with all department heads to document and resolve company incidents (technical and non-technical in nature)
Skills you bring to IMS:
- Knowledge of BI Tools, Pentaho, ETL Creation, dashboard and report Development, JIRA, Salesforce, ERP, Confluence
- Minimum 5 years of work experience in related field, with proven history in SQL programming in a corporate environment
- Minimum 2 years of project management experience
- Experience using an ITSM based ticketing system
- ITIL V3 foundation certification or extensive understanding of ITIL concepts
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with strong attention to detail
- Ability to work with minimal supervision, stay organized and meet deadlines
Why join IMS?
- A company committed to your personal and professional development and growth within the organization
- Comprehensive health benefits with no waiting period
- Goodlife Fitness membership discount and more.
- Industry-competitive salary, RRSP, vacation and flexible work hours
- State of the art facility with free parking, close to walking trails, shopping, restaurants and summer outdoor markets
- Comfortable employee lounge and game room
- Free breakfast Wednesdays and free daily snacks provided
- Paid day off for full-time employees in recognition of their birthday each year
- Optional summer hours (compressed work-week) during the months of July and August
- Time off to volunteer
- Multi-tiered Rewards and Recognition Program, including manager nominated and peer to peer awards
Direct applications only – no recruitment agencies please.
Intelligent Mechatronic Systems Inc. (IMS) is a leader in Connected Car™ technology that enables drivers to be safer, smarter and greener. We are a privately held technology company founded in 1999 and based in Waterloo, Ontario, Canada – the heart of Canada’s Technology Triangle. Our unique approach of converging in-car infotainment, automotive telematics and wireless technology has resulted in an impressive range of solutions. From insurance and government, to fleets and everyday drivers, our technology revolutionizes industries.
At IMS, we are committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible work environment, where all employees feel valued, respected and supported. IMS offers accommodation for applicants with disabilities as part of its recruitment process. If you are contacted to arrange for an interview or testing, please advise us if you require an accommodation.