Software Quality Assurance Analyst (Automation)
Software Quality Assurance Analyst (Automation)
Position Type: Full Time
Location: Waterloo Office
At NAVBLUE, and powered by our extended family at Airbus, you will be able to shape the future of the digital aviation industry by working on several of the best in the industry flagship products such as our award winning flight planning solution, flight tracking, crew scheduling and other 30+ different applications enabling pilots, dispatchers, flight engineers and other aviation personnel on daily basis to deliver a safe, efficient, and reliable flight operations all over the world.
NAVBLUE, an Airbus Company is currently seeking a Software Quality Assurance Analyst to join our growing company. The responsibilities include developing automated test scrips for functional and non-functional testing with multiple protocol (Web, APIs, and GUI) for multi-platform (Windows, Linux, MacOS, Android, iOS, and iPhone). This individual must have experience in designing/converting Gherkin Manual Test cases into Automated Script for new feature and existing features that are simple to convert.
- End to end maintenance of automated frameworks
- Design automation solution for any of NAVBLUE’s existing or new products.
- Develop automation test plan and execute Automated Script according to the Test Plan.
- Design, script, and implement Automation Testing for continuous integration.
- Understand software requirements, review functional specifications and ensure the design verifies software requirements/specification
- Design automation coverage for regression test suite
- Design and maintain Automated testing scripts for multiple protocols (Web, APIs, GUI, etc.) using Cucumber, Selenium Web Driver, Maven, JSON, JUnit, Jenkins and Eclipse with JAVA development environment
- Analyze Automation failures, identify root cause and address issues with Automation Scripts when failures occurred due to Automation Framework
- Mentor Junior Automation Analysts - debug their script, guide, coach and train them as needed
- Documents findings and performs root cause analyses to provide recommended improvements
- Independently recommends solutions and improvement to existing standards and procedures; collaborates with other areas in technology to develop new standards and procedures.
- 4+ years of experience in Developing Automated Script for functional testing using JAVA
- 4+ years of experience using Maven, Selenium, JUnit, JSON, Jenkins, SVN, Git, GitLab, GitHub, SQL Queries.
- 4+ years of experience in either API and GUI Automated Testing
- 4+ years of experience in Eclipse IDE using JAVA some knowledge of Python is also helpful.
- 4+ years of experience in maintaining Automated Framework
- Ability to work in a team
- Strong ability to thrive in a fast-paced, results-focused environment;
- Solid understanding of QA methodologies and best practices
- Excellent problem-solving and debugging skills
- Excellent communication skills and strong attention to detail
- Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or similar discipline
Located in the heart of University of Waterloo’s David Johnston Research + Technology Park, NAVBLUE is close to shops, restaurants, gyms, daycare, and many other amenities, and only 10 minutes away from Hwy 85. The modern design of our suite on the second floor of the Accelerator Centre draws its inspiration from airport terminals, and features bright, open work stations, rather than boxed-in cubicles. As part of our family, you will enjoy:
- Flexible hours
- Work from anywhere opportunities
- Free parking
- Strong work-life balance
- Casual dress code (shorts and jeans welcome!)
- Competitive flexible group benefits plan
- RRSP matching program
- Referral program
- Rewards and Recognition program
- Training and Development Support
- Monthly Lunch and Learns
- Fitness & Wellness reimbursement
- Weekly healthy snacks and holiday lunches
- An active social committee
- Lunch hour sporting activities (hockey, soccer, volleyball etc.) with a shower on site
- And much more!
Not to mention, the aviation industry’s ongoing digital transformation means we must continually innovate and rise to the many challenges faced by our geographically diverse customers. We are always looking for creative ways to improve our processes and technologies to be a leader in the highly competitive aviation market.
How to Apply:
Candidates who are interested in joining the NAVBLUE team are invited to submit their resume and cover letter, highlighting their work experiences and skills via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We thank all applicants for applying. Only selected applicants will be contacted.
NAVBLUE, an Airbus company, welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations will be available on request for candidates throughout the entire recruitment and selection process
NAVBLUE, an Airbus Company, is a leading global provider of flight operations solutions, including aeronautical charts, navigation data solutions, flight planning, aircraft performance software (take-off/landing, weight and balance), and crew planning solutions. These products directly support millions of flights each year and help NAVBLUE customers maximize efficiency, reduce costs, ensure compliance with complex national and international safety regulations, and effectively deliver their services.
Through digital and collaborative innovation, our passionate and customer-focused team develops solutions to enhance the safety and efficiency of air transport. Over the last few years, Airbus has been supportive of various initiatives such as Going Digital, Performance Based Navigation Services, Air Traffic Management Modernization Programs, FlySmart on iOS and other digital projects related to new aircraft technologies; the launch of NAVBLUE was therefore a natural step to further develop its Flight Operations and Air Traffic Management Portfolio.
NAVBLUE is a fully owned subsidiary of Services by Airbus, fueled by the agility of Airbus ProSky and Navtech (acquired in 2016), and the pioneering spirit of Airbus, NAVBLUE was created in July 2016 with one mission: lead aviation into the digital age.
NAVBLUE is based in Hersham (UK), Cardiff (UK), Toulouse (France), Waterloo, ON (Canada), Halifax, NS (Canada), with other offices all around the world.