Senior Test Automation Developer
Position Type: Full Time
Location: Waterloo Office
At NAVBLUE, and powered by our extended family at Airbus, you will be able to shape the future of the digital aviation industry by working on several of the best in the industry flagship products such as our award winning flight planning solution, flight tracking, crew scheduling and other 30+ different applications enabling pilots, dispatchers, flight engineers and other aviation personnel on daily basis to deliver a safe, efficient, and reliable flight operations all over the world.
The Senior Test Automation Developer has ownership of framework and execution of an automation test strategy that is consistent across all NAVBLUE products and services. The majority of his/her time will be spent designing, evaluating, overseeing and socializing the requirements and framework to individual teams and contributors, but in some cases will include ability to “show-me” or provide reference implementations for educational purposes.
- Develop Automation Test Strategy and Test Plan – portfolio and product level
- Demonstrate responsibility for timely issue resolution with internal and external stakeholders.
- Work closely with Software Development Architects and Development Leads to understand SW Requirements and review Functional Specifications, SW Workflow and provide feedback to improve Automation workflow.
- Plan and Design Automation Coverage for Smoke and Regression Test Suite.
- Identify measurable Automation achievements and report achievements on a regular basis.
- Analyze and monitor Automation effectiveness trends and recommend improvements.
- Research new ways of Automated testing and recommend system configuration and tuning improvements based on observations.
- Design, build and maintain Automation solutions for all NAVBLUE’s existing and new product.
- Ensure smooth integration of automated testing with CI/CD systems.
- Ensure reliability and integrity of automated testing tooling
- Provide framework support and examples for multiple testing protocols (web, APIs, GUI, etc)
- Support development and tester team for test automation matters: invigorate Test Automation Community of Practice, coach and train SW Factory team members when needed.
- 8+ years of experience as a Senior Automation Developer
- 6+ years of experience developing Automated Framework
- 5+ years of experience with agile principles
- 5+ years of experience with CI/CD
- experience with analyzing and identifying software Automation bottlenecks
- experience in Developing Automated Script for functional and non-functional (Performance, Stability etc.) testing.
- Demonstrated ability to influence change in teams without hierarchical responsibilities
- Excellent interpersonal skills, with an ability to work both independently and drive change within a team
- Strong analytical, an investigative attitude and an open mind
- Python, Java
- RESTful services, JSON
- Jenkins, Gitlab
- Ability to travel internationally and domestic (roughly 5%)
- JMeter/other performance monitoring technologies
- Amazon Web Services
- Ability to understand and speak French would be an asset
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or similar discipline
Located in the heart of University of Waterloo’s David Johnston Research + Technology Park, NAVBLUE is close to shops, restaurants, gyms, daycare, and many other amenities, and only 10 minutes away from Hwy 85. The modern design of our suite on the second floor of the Accelerator Centre draws its inspiration from airport terminals, and features bright, open work stations, rather than boxed-in cubicles. As part of our family, you will enjoy:
- Flexible hours
- Work from anywhere opportunities
- Free parking
- Strong work-life balance
- Casual dress code (shorts and jeans welcome!)
- Competitive flexible group benefits plan
- RRSP matching program
- Referral program
- Rewards and Recognition program
- Training and Development Support
- Monthly Lunch and Learns
- Fitness & Wellness reimbursement
- Weekly healthy snacks and holiday lunches
- An active social committee
- Lunch hour sporting activities (hockey, soccer, volleyball etc.) with a shower on site
- And much more!
Not to mention, the aviation industry’s ongoing digital transformation means we must continually innovate and rise to the many challenges faced by our geographically diverse customers. We are always looking for creative ways to improve our processes and technologies to be a leader in the highly competitive aviation market.
How to Apply:
Candidates who are interested in joining the NAVBLUE team are invited to submit their resume and cover letter, highlighting their work experiences and skills via email to email@example.com.
We thank all applicants for applying. Only selected applicants will be contacted.
NAVBLUE, an Airbus company, welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations will be available on request for candidates throughout the entire recruitment and selection process
NAVBLUE, an Airbus Company, is a leading global provider of flight operations solutions, including aeronautical charts, navigation data solutions, flight planning, aircraft performance software (take-off/landing, weight and balance), and crew planning solutions. These products directly support millions of flights each year and help NAVBLUE customers maximize efficiency, reduce costs, ensure compliance with complex national and international safety regulations, and effectively deliver their services.
Through digital and collaborative innovation, our passionate and customer-focused team develops solutions to enhance the safety and efficiency of air transport. Over the last few years, Airbus has been supportive of various initiatives such as Going Digital, Performance Based Navigation Services, Air Traffic Management Modernization Programs, FlySmart on iOS and other digital projects related to new aircraft technologies; the launch of NAVBLUE was therefore a natural step to further develop its Flight Operations and Air Traffic Management Portfolio.
NAVBLUE is a fully owned subsidiary of Services by Airbus, fueled by the agility of Airbus ProSky and Navtech (acquired in 2016), and the pioneering spirit of Airbus, NAVBLUE was created in July 2016 with one mission: lead aviation into the digital age.
NAVBLUE is based in Hersham (UK), Cardiff (UK), Toulouse (France), Waterloo, ON (Canada), Halifax, NS (Canada), with other offices all around the world.