Submission Deadline November 17, 2019
One-year contract with benefits
Located in Guelph, the Ontario Universities’ Application Centre (OUAC) processes applications for admission to undergraduate, law, medical, rehabilitation sciences and teacher education programs for Ontario’s universities. We provide a progressive and supportive working environment for our employees, along with a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits. Read more about the OUAC at: www.ouac.on.ca/about-employment/.
The OUAC is an equal opportunity employer with equitable and accessible employment practices, based on the principles specified in Ontario legislation (Human Rights Code and Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act [AODA]). Accommodations for job applicants with disabilities are available upon request.
If you are willing to learn and eager to play a supporting role in helping people start a new chapter in their life, we would love to hear from you!
- consult with stakeholders to determine data and/or reporting needs
- extract and integrate new and existing data sources
- write reports and deliver data using advanced queries/scripts in SQL
- maintain, report, and provide insights using the output (i.e. data) from web analytic tools that strategically informs the OUAC’s understanding of how applicants interact with our sites
- promote standardization across the various requests for information to ensure efficiency and quality
- document data processes and project details in the documentation system
- develop and build reports using reporting tools that deliver accurate and effective information to diverse audiences
- a university degree in a related discipline
- minimum of 5 years of progressive work experience
- strong knowledge and proficient use of PS Query, SQL and complex SQL queries
- strong experience with web analytic tools, including working with data sets for reporting and analysis
- strong knowledge of and experience with data visualization/reporting tools
- ability to translate user needs into detailed technical specifications
- ability to use various tools to explore, troubleshoot, and verify data
- ability to standardize, document, and replicate data processes
- strong analytical skills with the ability to then collect, organize, analyze, and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy
- hands on experience working with data/reports from web analytic tools
- experience providing effective support and customer service to data end users
Qualifications Considered an Asset:
- any programming skills e.g., Oracle development tools is considered an asset
- knowledge of the Ontario University sector is considered an asset
Please submit your cover letter and resume as one file (PDF preferred). We thank all applicants for applying; however, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.