VP of People
TextNow is based around a simple idea: Communication belongs to everyone. We work hard to help people stay connected with free phone service. At TextNow, we work together to solve complex and interesting problems that have a positive impact on our customers' lives.
TextNow is looking for a VP of People, to help drive the direction of TextNow along with your fellow Executive Leadership Team. Reporting to the CEO, you will be responsible for overseeing all People functions of the organization. You will spearhead all hiring, human resources, and culture activities.
Join us on our mission to help people stay connected with technology that is free (or as close to free as possible).
*This position is open to candidates interested in working in either our Waterloo, ON or San Francisco, CA offices.*
- Manage and develop a team of senior HR, Culture and Recruitment leaders while overseeing their organizations.
- Drive organizational improvements by aligning people strategies and programs with our business initiatives and goals, using data.
- Be a trusted strategic partner and advisor to the CEO & COO
- Supervise and provide consultation to senior management on strategic staffing plans, compensation, benefits, training, and career development, while strengthening our managerial capabilities.
- Lead and shape a culture that enables employees to perform in accordance with TextNow’s mission and objectives.
- Design and oversee programs that will foster and grow current employees (performance reviews, succession planning, training, and development).
- Oversee benefit plans, policies, and guidelines, as well as ensuring benefits and compensation programs align with the organization's strategic direction.
- In partnership with the employment counsel, ensure compliance with federal, state and local laws as well as labor laws and government requirements in both Canada and the U.S.
- Develop HR strategies, policies, and procedures for both talent attraction & employee retention.
- Evaluate and advise on short and long-term planning for the company as it pertains to current employees and future growth.
- Support best-in-class talent acquisition sourcing strategies, methods, and referral programs.
- Provide coaching and consulting to managers and employees in the areas of performance management, compensation, employee retention, leadership development, employee development, employee relations practices, policy interpretation, and implementation and conflict resolution.
- Provide leadership to the total rewards strategy while ensuring our candidates and employees are fully educated regarding our compensation and benefits programs.
- Manage all HR budgets for recruiting, human resources, culture & workplace activities.
- Utilize data and analytics to drive strategic initiatives for everything people, from recruiting to performance management.
- 15+ years of Talent or HR leadership supporting a distributed employee population.
- 5+ years supporting a multi-layer people organization.
- US and Canadian HR experience a plus.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience required.
- Understanding of competitive landscape and compensation programs in similar companies operating in our geographical areas.
- Maintains the highest level of confidentiality and integrity.
- Demonstrates commitment to accuracy and quality while meeting goals and deadlines.
- Strong generalist background with a broad knowledge of employment benefits, compensation, organizational planning, talent management, and training and development.
- Strong interpersonal, communication, and presentation skills and the ability to communicate effectively with individuals at all levels of the organization.
- Proven leadership and team-building skills. Ability to build consensus, rally support around common goals, build trust and to motivate groups and individuals. Ability to overcome obstacles to cooperation and to foster harmonious relations.
- Well-developed creative problem-solving skills combined with experience working in a consultative manner in a positive and collaborative fashion.
- Ability to influence and advise senior executives and manage senior-level relationships.
- Ability to react quickly to multiple situations and bring critical items to resolution in a timely manner.
- Knowledge of federal, state, and local legislation in both Canada and the U.S.
- Ability to travel to TextNow offices.
- Impactful work
- Professional development
- TextNow-powered smartphone
- Competitive total compensation package
- Catered breakfast & lunch
- Onsite personal trainer, massage therapist, and Yoga instructor!
At TextNow, we strive for diversity and welcome with open arms all individuals – no matter their race, age, sex, color, religion, disability, national origin, sexual orientation, ethnicity, family and marital status, or genetic information. We believe in equal opportunity employment and know that our differences are what make our company and product great.