TextNow is based around a simple idea: Communication belongs to everyone. We work hard to help people stay connected with free phone service. At TextNow, we work together to solve complex and interesting problems that have a positive impact on our customers lives.
TextNow is looking for a VOIP Engineer to join our team and help us in our mission to create the most exceptional, affordable phone service that changes the way people communicate. We are looking for a highly self-motivated, goal-oriented individual who will be responsible for providing world-class technical support for our customers in a fast-paced environment. The ideal candidate for this position will possess a strong technical background with experience in Voice over IP (SIP) and supporting cloud contact centre or office telephony services and solutions.
We are growing at a rapid rate thus there is plenty of scope for your role to quickly grow to include the design and implementation of contact centre solutions and to project manage new customer roll outs.
Join us on our mission to help people stay connected with technology that is free (or as close to free as possible).
What You'll Do:
- Triage, troubleshoot, escalate, and/or provide resolution to customer support tickets.
- Reproduce, document and escalate product defects to the Engineering Team.
- Effectively communicate customer feedback and feature requirements to Engineering and Product Management.
- Identify commonly asked questions and generate knowledge base articles, FAQs, and videos based on this content.
- Enhance existing product documentation and create new feature documentation based on technical specifications and reviews provided by Engineering.
Who You Are:
- BS/BA in Computer Science or Communications Engineering or equivalent technical certifications and experience (a must)
- 2-3+ years’ experience in implementing and supporting contact centre or office telephony solutions including IVR, ACD, PBX, etc.
- 2-3+ years’ experience in Voice over IP (SIP)
- Experience in networks (IP and Telco), data, access, firewalls, NAT, QoS
- Experience in using network tools such as ping, trace route and wireshark
- Hands on knowledge of network protocols including SIP, RTP, STUN, HTTP and TCP/IP
- Hands on knowledge of routing and switching
- Proven ability to remotely troubleshoot and resolve customer software and operating system problems.
- Analytical thinking and problem-solving skills as a fast learner with a lot of intellectual curiosity.
- Enthusiastic with proven ability to work with minimal supervision and efficient time management skills
- Strong communication (written and oral) and interpersonal skills
TextNow is committed to fostering a welcoming, accessible, respectful and inclusive environment ensuring equal access and participation for people with disabilities. We are committed to treating people with disabilities in a way that allows them to maintain their dignity and independence.
We believe in integration, and we are committed to meeting the needs of people with disabilities in a timely manner and creating a barrier-free environment. We will do so by removing and preventing barriers to accessibility and by meeting our accessibility requirements under Ontario’s accessibility laws. Please let us know if you have an accessibility need at firstname.lastname@example.org