Manulife/John Hancock is an innovative global financial services organization. Manulife is proud to be the recipient of many awards that recognize the Company for its overall excellence and specific achievements in areas such as corporate governance, communications, customer satisfaction, professional training and education, and charitable and community programs, such as “Canada’s Top Employer for Young People 2016”, and “Best Places to Work 2016”
Institutional Technology is the IS organization that supports Manulife’s Institutional business: a leading provider of retirement savings plans and employee benefit programs. This team is responsible for implementing new technical solutions or applications and major changes to our existing systems. The size of the team is expanding in 2016 to respond to increased project demand requiring additional IS resources.
We believe creating trusting, high-value relationships with our clients and various stakeholders is equally important as solving business problems. We aspire to become clients’ go-to problem solvers and trusted advisors.
We are looking for true A-players, not afraid of challenge, hungry to do more, and relentless in their pursuit of success, personally and professionally.
You will play a key role in identifying opportunities that add business value, then leading them through the full lifecycle of launching and scaling a new customer driven initiatives
- Contributing to the analysis components of small to large sized initiatives. This will include such tasks as: creation of Requirements and Specification documents, providing feedback to test strategies and test plans, partnering with other departments and the vendor concerning issues that arise.
- Facilitating the recommendation of appropriate strategies and solutions.
- Ensuring that the system solutions adhere to quality standards.
- Collaborating with geographically and culturally diverse cross-functional teams.
- Facilitate meetings to elicit requirements, present solutions
- Create documents detailing business requirements and system specifications
- Ensure deliverables are produced according to Manulife SDLC standards within timelines and efficiently.
- Support planning and development efforts of the application.
- Contribute to the continuous improvement of the team.
- Participate in investigation of issues.
- Work closely with Business, Shared Services, Vendors, and other internal project teams to identify and solution complex business requirements and processes.
- Make recommendations on complex requirements and evaluate alternative solutions to meet business needs.
- Create/maintain system documentation and user guides.
- Communicate on status of deliverables to project manager, provide level of effort estimates, identify risk and dependencies.
- 4+ years progressive business systems analysis experience supporting IT projects.
- Strong technical aptitude with good understanding or knowledge of SQL database, Visual Studio, .Net, J2EE and/or SharePoint
- Strong data gathering, interviewing, analytical/problem solving skills
- Strong written and oral communication capabilities across all levels
- Ability to adapt quickly and easily to changes within the business and organization
- Ability to work independently, as well as collaborate and partner in a team environment with geographically dispersed Business stakeholders and peers
- Strong organization, planning and time management skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and developing ability to influence and negotiate with others.
- Ability to produce quality work and work to deadlines
- Ability to successfully support analysis activity on multiple initiatives in parallel
- Familiarity with Group Benefit or Group Retirement business
- University Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or equivalents
- IIBA certifications is a plus
Manulife Financial Corporation is a leading international financial services group that helps people achieve their dreams and aspirations by putting customers' needs first and providing the right advice and solutions. We operate as John Hancock in the United States and Manulife elsewhere. We provide financial advice, insurance, as well as wealth and asset management solutions for individuals, groups and institutions. At the end of 2016, we had approximately 35,000 employees, 70,000 agents, and thousands of distribution partners, serving more than 22 million customers. At the end of 2016, we had $977 billion (US$728 billion) in assets under management and administration, and in the previous 12 months we made almost $26 billion in payments to our customers.
The customer is at the focus of everything we do, and millions of end users rely on our products daily. We believe in the value of empowering engineers with the resources to solve critical problems for the future of the business, which is why we need you.
We are striving to create leading, mobile and web experiences that enables our customers to choose how, when and where they want to engage with their financial services. This is your opportunity to get in on the ground floor and help us re-imagine and reinvent what it means to deliver great software
We are seeking self-motivated Tech & IT People, who are obsessed with delivering value, are forward-thinking, and excited to see the successful implementation of the products they deliver. Our current opportunities are available in Kitchener-Waterloo, Montreal, and Toronto