The successful candidate will have skills and experience to work as a software developer and engineer of web applications and back-end server functionality. We are looking for fearless innovators with practical experience. Experience in designing great UI/UX and robust large scale applications on Linux platform, as well as the ability to independently and effectively research, learn, and implement new technologies and tools, are critical for this position. Friendly and easy-going personality is important. Location: Kitchener, ON.
- Design, document, develop, test and deploy new products/features.
- Share ownership of the product.
- Operate at all levels of the stack - starting from the front end code our customers see all the way down to the REST endpoints, backend business logic and the infrastructure.
- Implement best development practices including continuous integration, test automation, data backup and recovery, etc.
ESSENTIAL SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Proven record of finishing projects where the work spans several months.
- 3+ years back-end development experience in GO/C++/NodeJS.
- Experience with web frameworks: ReactJS, VueJS or Angular.
- Experience with databases: SQL and/or NoSQL.
- Experience with cloud providers: AWS, GCP, etc.
- Experience with Web APIs (web workers, canvas, fetch, etc.).
- Strong working knowledge of RESTful APIs.
- Good understanding of OS concepts and networking.
- Experience with Docker.
- Unix shell scripting: grep, sed, awk, bash, etc.
- BS degree, or College Diploma in Computer Science or related.
- A link to your Github/Gitlab account.
- Experience with other programming languages.
- Experience with Agile software development.
- Experience participating and contributing to open source projects.
- Experience with tools for managing container-based clusters: Docker Swarm, Kubernetes, HashiCorp stack, etc.
Planitar has created an exciting technology for mapping interior spaces that combines advanced laser measurements and panoramic photography and is the fastest space mapping technology on the market. iGUIDE - interactive property guide - is an enhanced web application that integrates floor plans, on-screen measurements, 360° images and gives users a superior understanding and visualization of space. iGUIDE has captured the largest market share in 3D tours in Canada and the growth continues with increasing demand for floor plans, measurements, and enhanced property information.