At Equitable Life of Canada, we realize that your work life is not just about performing a job; it's about being part of a workplace that helps you grow and reach your full potential. Within our friendly and collaborative work environment, we recognize that the key to our growth and success is a dedicated, motivated and customer-responsive staff. Join Equitable Life today.
Reports to: Manager, Enterprise Web & Mobile Development
Department: Corporate IT, Web
Looking to start an exciting and challenging career opportunity in web development? Look no further!
Part of your time will be spent addressing support issues. You’ll learn our systems and processes while creating and improving our existing documentation. While not doing that, you’ll be working on a variety of other internal projects; helping to improve our internal tools and processes for the benefit of the entire team.
We work using a wide variety of web and mobile possibilities using .NET 4.7, .NET Core, VS2019, Code First Entity framework, Angular 7, Cordova, HTML5, CSS3 and other evolving technologies.
Your work will be part of changing the way Equitable helps clients get the help they need when they need it most. Don’t miss the opportunity to join one of Kitchener-Waterloo’s Top Employers for 2019!
What we offer:
- We care about a healthy work/life balance and employee wellness. Exhausted developers are bad developers, and we want you to enjoy your life outside of work
- A great bonus structure and generous vacation allowance
- We care about your career and foster a culture of learning. We provide dedicated time to improve your skills, lunch and learns, online and live courses, knowledge sharing between team members, and many more opportunities
- Open and honest communication between team members, and challenging each other to continually improve
- We take our work seriously, but ourselves a little less so. Events are planned throughout the year to celebrate our successes, be it backyard BBQs, bowling, or game nights
- We have a company subsidized cafeteria with a variety of daily options
What you'll do:
- Be the main point of contact for support issues coming in to the web team. This will help introduce you to our processes and products, elevating issues to other team members when needed.
- Support the team in developing high-performance scalable web, mobile and database solutions
- Research and endorse new technologies and techniques to the team
- Investigate and solve production problems with guidance
- Other duties as required, including web enhancement and content updates.
What you'll need:
- Knowledge of Microsoft SQL Server and Transact SQL
- Understanding of functional and object-oriented programming concepts
- An undergraduate co-op diploma or degree in Computer Science or a related field
- Knowledge of jQuery, Angular an asset
- Experience developing Mobile applications an asset (PhoneGap/Cordova)
To learn more about Equitable Life, we encourage you to explore our organization.
At Equitable Life, we are committed to providing equal access to employment opportunities across our organization. Please contact our HR team at firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to receive our job postings in an alternative format or require an accommodation with the application process.