- Sr. IT Architect - Data Architecture
- Kitchener - Waterloo, Toronto
- $110K - $125K base plus VIP (bonus)
- Job Function
- Software Development
- Job Type
- Full time
- Salary Estimate
- 100,000 - 119,999
Sr. IT Architect - Data Architecture
The Canadian IS Architecture Service is recruiting an experienced and highly motivated IT Architect professional to join the team. This position requires an ability to drive, define and communicate Shared Service Data/Information/Integration and Analytics/BI pillar transformation architecture as part of a broader modernization and transformation program within the Canadian division and the IMIT shared service unit. Additionally, the IT Architect will have the role of Senior IT Architect for the IMIT.
The IT Architect will enhance and accelerate both the analytics, data and API integration layer programs and its individual waves or projects while ensuring that the logical and physical architecture for a project aligns with the standards and reference architectures defined by the Global Technical Architects.
- Assist the IMIT IT Vice President with its Data Governance, Enterprise Data Lake, Data Mastering, Data Supply, Data Quality & Profiling, API & Web Services Architecture and Modernization Strategy.
- Assist the Chief Architect maintaining the Data Architecture \Roadmaps.
- Serve as a central point within IMIT to support platform-related architecture and design activities, and aid/ training to other technologists on both emerging technologies and their adoption.
- Assess and analyze divisional data/analytics related business requirements, current state environment and CRM integration and micro services technology choices to evaluate solution alternatives that meet business sponsor needs.
- Provide leadership, decomposing business objectives, goals and Technology into an actionable set of project activities, to include Solution Analysis options and recommendations
- Modeling the CDN Division data architecture landscape to analyze the alignment of business capabilities with delivered technology and IT solutions
- Work with technical teams and business partners/specialists within the IMIT data and application groups/3rd parties to understand the current state and constraints for defining the future state architecture of the applications & related interfaces.
- Provide stewardship within the IMIT transformation program for the communities of practice surrounding all Enterprise Architecture disciplines (i.e. Application / Systems, Information, Infrastructure, etc.)
- Drive the design of information and application architectures based on cost, functionality and practicality
- Drive strategic and transitional planning of applications, information and business functions impacted by Data Architecture transformation programs
- Present project solution to different stakeholders and certification boards, including the IMIT, Canadian and Global Architecture Review Board, as needed.
- This position is not totally hands off, but may require some hands - on coding during solution option evaluation or piloting new technologies as part of transformation
Job Requirements (Knowledge/Skills/Competencies):
- 5+ years progressive experience in a large, multinational organization; financial services or insurance industry experience preferred
- 3+ years of experience as a Solutions Architect with the ability to see & present “the big picture” and offer solutions to make it better
- Strong to outstanding experience in Hadoop, Big Data/Analytics eco systems, NoSQL, Data Mart, Data Quality, Data Retention, Reporting on OLTP & OLAP
- Strong experience related to analytic models in R and Python (and application container Flask)
- Experience with the development of IT Architecture on multiple major solutions using modern technology platforms (Cloud, Big Data, Decision/Analytic Engines, and / or APIs)
- Experience with data and application rationalization and modernization initiatives
- Experience with and understanding of large scale software integration implementations
- Experience with program and large scale domain or enterprise solution analysis development, selection and implementation
- Experience with Enterprise Architecture tools and methodologies (for example: EA Sparx, Alfabet, TOGAF, etc.)
- Experience in designing, developing and implementing enterprise-grade SAAS solutions including models, design, and plans.
- Experience in validating technology ability to meet business, performance, integration, and scalability requirements for each product.
- Experience in formal design including UML and BPMN e.g. class diagrams, component diagrams, sequence diagrams, swim lane process diagrams with UML modeling tools (Such as Sparx Enterprise Architect, Archimate, etc.) and using best practices
- Capability to establish and maintain effective partnerships and relationships with global architecture areas, Application Development, CRM business groups, Global Infrastructure, and others
- Bachelor's degree
- Enterprise level IT Architecture experience
- Experience with SOA practices and implementations
- Broad systems architecture design, planning and implementation experience
- Experience with modeling skills, including business, process, requirements, applications, software, data, and technology
- Experience with strategic planning, portfolio management, and/or application/technology road mapping
- Experience in the healthcare industry
- Broad and deep experience and strong expertise across architecture methodologies (ex: TOGAF, Zachman) and technology platforms
- Demonstrated proficiency in a team environment with projects involving the integration of disparate types of technologies/platforms.
- Experience in technology assessments, platform consolidation, application rationalization, data migration
- Strong presentation and communication skills with ability to develop high level executive as well deep - dive technical presentations
- Solid understanding of Data Management tools and practices