LOVE WHAT YOU DO
Work is a big part of our lives, so it makes sense to choose a company that offers truly rewarding work. At Economical Insurance®, your contributions, creativity, and energy won’t go to waste. Our passionate culture and pioneering mentality infuse everything we do, which is why our one-million-plus policyholders know we’ll protect their homes, businesses, farms, cars, and pets like they’re our own.
We’re not afraid to see how far we can push the envelope to make insurance better. Our family of companies includes Sonnet, the only Canadian home and auto insurer offering a fully online buying experience, and Petline, the largest Canadian pet insurance company. We’re also preparing to become a publicly traded company, a once-in-a-lifetime career opportunity for everyone who joins our team.
If you’re looking for a company that takes care of its people — and its customers — and has a track record of doing big things, get ready to love it here.
As an Advanced Analytics Operations Analyst reporting to the Manager, Advanced Analytics, you will be responsible for building, deploying, and monitoring streamlined analytical tools & processes, leveraging statistical and machine learning models created by other members of the Advanced Analytics team.
What can you expect in this role?
- Leverage experience with analytics software to develop and deploy new tools/processes – and monitor and enhance existing tools and processes – based on models created by the Advanced Analytics team, with support from more senior team members
- Run and monitor existing tools and processes, and present high-quality reports to communicate data-driven insights and influence the adoption of recommendations
- Respond to routine, ad-hoc requests by internal stakeholders, with support from more senior team members
What do you bring to the role?
- University degree in computer science, software engineering, data science, statistics, or a related discipline
- 1-3 years of professional work experience in a data analysis-related position
- Strong communication (verbal/written) and organizational skills
- Demonstrated ability to develop creative solutions to complex problems
- Strong proficiency in using the R programming language for data wrangling and analysis
- Strong programming skills and efficient use of Microsoft applications (e.g., Excel, Access, VBA)
- Knowledge of SAS & SharePoint is an asset
- Successful clearance of a background checks including credit & criminal checks along with business references
- This role can be located in Waterloo or Toronto
- This role requires successful clearance of a background checks including credit & criminal checks along with business references
We also take potential into consideration. If you don’t have this exact experience, but you know you have what it takes, be sure to give us more insight through your application and cover letter.
Go ahead and expect a lot — you deserve it.
- Competitive salaries, with potential for an annual raise and bonus
- Pension and savings programs, with company-matched RRSP contributions
- Generous time away, including vacation and personal needs days
- Paid volunteer days and company matching on charitable donations
- Educational resources, tuition assistance, and paid time off to study for exams
- Two annual wellness campaigns — participants earn up to $300 each year to spend on almost anything supporting health and work-life balance (think things like spa days, daycare, pet grooming)
- An unlimited employee referral bonus program
- Flexible work schedule
- Discounts on products and services
HOW TO APPLY
To complete the online application process, you’ll need to upload your resume and cover letter in one document. The posting will close at midnight on the deadline date; in order to successfully apply, please ensure your application is submitted by 11:59 p.m. the day before the deadline.
Our inclusive work environment welcomes diversity and supports accessibility. If you require accommodation at any time during the recruitment process, please let us know by contacting: email@example.com.
Visit economical.com to learn more about us and what we’re up to.