The Technical Support Agent is responsible for managing and reporting on escalated technical issues from our customers. You provide superior technical support for our customers and are passionate about driving technical support initiatives. You are an evangelist of the user experience, tech savvy, with a passion for representing the values of our business – Work Together. Customers Matter. Think Differently. We Care. Go Beyond.
Must be available to work the 6 am - 2:30 pm shift (Mon-Fri)
- Collaborate with the Technical Support team to resolve escalated technical issues
- Prioritize, diagnose and document technical details for assigned tickets
- Support the Engineering team to resolve, test and validate technical issues with end users (B2B or B2C)
- Contribute to the Product Knowledge Base by providing clear, well written documentation
- Take ownership and accountability for all assigned tickets; driving towards a resolution within the SLA requirements
- Ensure service delivery benchmarks such as customer satisfaction, phone-based activities, resolution, schedule adherence, case documentation and case wellness are met or exceeded
- Responsible for optimizing secure, scalable, and maintainable database designs for use on major database engines
- Mentor and coach other Technical Support Agents as needed
- Work a variety of rotational shifts (Days, Afternoons, Night, Weekends)
- Additional duties as required
What skills you need to have:
- Completed post-secondary education in Computer Science or IT related field
- 1-3 years of previous technical support experience, preferably in an ITIL compliant environment or an Incident Management support framework
- Excellent interpersonal and analytical skills
- Strong troubleshooting and problem-solving skills
- Proven technical skills on a variety of hardware and software systems (WinSCP, Putty, SQL)
- Customer service skills and orientation, including the demonstrated ability to work with both internal and external customers
- Excellent communication skills - written and verbal
- Commitment to continuous learning
- Industry certifications such as MCSE, MCP, A+ are desirable
- Great attitude, team player and strives for excellence!
Why you should join us?
- We’re an innovative technology leader, striving for world domination in telematics.
- We want to see you grow and do great things. We’re committed to your personal and professional development.
- Company funded group benefits program, with no waiting period.
- Great vacation policy – 15 days of vacation for your first 5 years. (Plus additional time for illness and personal days if needed)
- We want to celebrate you – enjoy a paid day off on your birthday!
- Free parking, close to walking trails, shopping, restaurants and summer outdoor markets.
- Our ‘Culture Club’ rocks – we work hard AND play hard!