Front End Developer
Miovision’s mission is to provide the foundation for tomorrow’s smart cities by transforming the way traffic networks are managed today. Backed by the world’s most advanced traffic AI, Miovision’s innovations in traffic signal planning and operations have made it possible for cities to improve the transportation experience for drivers, cyclists, and pedestrians since 2005. With offices in Kitchener, Canada and Cologne, Germany, Miovision serves over 17,000 municipalities worldwide. For more information, visit www.miovision.com.
Do you know someone who hates the commute to work? Do you want to be part of the solution? Miovision is looking for exceptional software developers who are passionate about building a platform for smart cities. We’ve built DataLink and TrafficLink to change how traffic works and our team is growing as we take on new domains.
In this role, you will collaborate with our product designers and a development team to create a data analysis tool for traffic engineers. The initial focus of the work will be on building a queryable data store and an intuitive frontend for our users.
We work in small teams with fast iteration, so we value problem-solving, collaboration, and initiative.
Why Miovision is a great place to work:
- We empower employees to take ownership of projects from start to finish.
- We encourage employees to participate in work that interests them. Examples include involvement in product management, focusing on our long term technology architecture, and prototyping solutions to technical problems.
- We prioritize mentorship through design sessions, code reviews, frequent feedback, and a mentorship program.
Things we’d like you to do:
- Write high-quality code that solves our customer’s problems
- Enable fast iteration using automated testing, instrumentation, etc.
- Work with other teams to ensure a consistent architecture across Miovision
- Evaluate and recommend technology changes including new technologies and refactoring opportunities
- Collaborate with the rest of the team to develop a long term technical vision for the project
- Influence the future by proposing innovative features, prototyping new products, and unlocking capabilities.
A few things we’d like you to have:
- The ability to wear multiple hats and work with a variety of stakeholders including product managers, UX designers, data scientists, and QA.
- Interest in learning new technologies and tools
It’d be great if you have experience with:
- Angular or Webpack
- AWS or other cloud providers
- Service-based architectures
- Building data visualization and analysis tools
- Continuous delivery, trunk based development, and devops