Why join Igloo:
One of our core beliefs at Igloo is that people are a company’s biggest asset. This philosophy is woven into everything we do at Igloo – our behaviors, our culture, and especially our digital workplace solutions (which we use every day). And that’s why we can offer you a superior employee experience that goes beyond superficial perks and promises, and gives you the true sense of purpose you’ve been waiting for.
Igloo’s goal is to help people communicate and collaborate in the workplace. This means creating simple but effective workflows to enable people to create content and a delightful experience for consuming and collaborating on it.
Why this role is important:
As an experienced WordPress Website Developer, this hands-on role within the Marketing Department maintains and coordinates the marketing efforts of the Igloo corporate website along with campaign microsites belonging to the company.
Involved in every stage of strategy, maintenance, and management, you have a range of experience in web technologies, design, and how to effectively deliver messaging in a digital context. You enjoy both the technical aspects of tech integrations and analytic reporting on visitor traffic patterns. As such, a strong understanding of website development in a WordPress setting, marketing tactics, and a multi-faceted team-oriented background is essential.
The impact you'll have:
- Development: You are experienced in developing highly customized WordPress templates and are comfortable with WYSIWIG interfaces, HTML, CSS, JS, and PHP programming.
- Create and Enhance: creating and enhancing parent and child themes that can be easily extended for use on multiple websites, custom WordPress plugins
- Develop: reusable components that can be used on a variety of different web properties as well as creating features and optimizing our existing web properties
- Maintenance: Updating and maintaining the websites’ various environments from a technical standpoint, ensuring that integrated technologies, plugins, and CMS cores are up-to-date and functioning.
- Collaboration: You work closely with the Content and Design team to implement website updates and campaigns. You partner with our Enablement, IT, Demand Generation, Customer Success, and Customer Support teams to provide various, cohesive messaging on our various digital properties.
- Communication: You maintain and update the content and software update calendars as they pertain to the website properties, ensuring that interested parties are abreast of various activities that are taking place across our digital spaces. You also produce reports on website performance from a SEO point of view. You are a hub of communication, ensuring that our website activities are effectively understood by various teams and departments across the company.
- Server Environment Maintenance: You ensure that server environments are up to date and backed up. You ensure that Sandbox, Staging, and Production environments are synched and secure. You have an understanding of cloud-based server environments.
- Evaluate: research and analyze emerging technologies and development methodologies against business needs
- Technical Support: You provide ad hoc troubleshooting and coding assistance within Marketing and other departments for HTML and CSS implementations, as well as other web-related technologies (RSS feeds, email templates, integration of 3rd party services).
What you'll need:
- 2-5 years of experience in web development
- Degree in computer science, web development, or equivalent work experience
- Expertise with WordPress is critical
- Expertise in CSS, SCSS, PHP, and HTML
- Expertise with NPM, Gulp, and website optimization
- Familiarity with WP Bakery considered an asset
- Familiarity with Jira and Bitbucket considered an asset
- Platform experience in marketing automation an asset, especially in Eloqua
- Understanding of cloud-based web hosting technologies, CDN technologies, tracking scripts, Unbounce and/or landing page experience
What we have to offer:
We offer health benefits, a training budget for every employee, fair-trade coffee and tea, treats on payday, and an eco-bonus for people who take alternative transportation to work. You choose whether you work on a Mac or PC, and we give our developers stipends to buy whatever hardware makes them most productive.
You own the work you do. Your decisions are yours, and you’re evaluated on results. We pride ourselves on being a collaborative organization where everyone has a voice – there’s no such thing as a bad idea.
Sound like you? Apply now!
Igloo welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Learn more about Igloo Software