Who we are and what we do
Founded in 2011, Mappedin powers search and discovery indoors, enabling consumers to find what they're looking for with speed and ease. Our software platform provides industry leading tools to manage dynamic indoor spatial data and offer wayfinding experiences for customer-facing applications, including a recent collaboration with Apple Maps.
Mappedin works with the ten largest malls in Canada, the largest REITs in the US, and in stores, hospitals, campuses, and airports around the world.
The Integrations team at Mappedin enables our customers to deliver the best possible experience to their end users by building robust SDKs and easy to use applications. We help them dream of what's possible, and then help turn those dreams into reality.
Who you are and what you'll do
You aren't afraid to get your hands dirty working directly with partners and enjoy smaller and more frequent projects with a big impact. You like tinkering with new technology. We expect you to use creative ways to solve new problems. You're comfortable with tight deadlines that require you to shift your thinking as you jump from one project to another.
As part of the Development team and reporting to the Software Development Manager Integrations, you will unlock the full potential of the Mappedin Platform by:
- Communicates with external dev teams to help them successfully build applications leveraging our SDKs
- Builds Proof of Concepts leveraging our iOS, Android and Web SDKs to explore new use cases and integrations.
- Build developer friendly tools to aid 3rd parties in exploring our SDK capabilities and building their own integrations
- Builds demos of our SDKs for use by Sales and Marketing teams
- Contributes to our iOS and Android SDKs, Sync Platform and other internal tools.
- Supports Sales team on calls including technical discussions about integrations with our SDKs and products
- Convincingly explaining how and why our system does what it does
- Assisting the Ops team in investigating technical solutions and integrations
You are excited about learning or already have experience in:
- Front End or Full Stack Web development
- Working with 3rd party developers and partners
- Android and iOS development
What are some challenges?
As part of the Mappedin Development team, you will be responsible for helping 3rd party developers to integrate Mappedin solutions into their products. These projects are ad-hoc and might involve some tight deadlines. You'll need to respond to shifting priorities and build positive relationships with partners, educating them, giving them information they can trust, and tactfully responding to feedback and requests.
You will work closely with our Sales, Marketing, Product and Customer Operations teams to help them be as effective as they can be when it comes to communicating technical details. This involves providing guidance to solve any problems related with development.
Behind the scenes
There's a lot of trust here at Mappedin. We offer a flexible working environment, have a generous vacation policy, and we all work together to help you produce your best work. We stay curious, challenge opinions, take risks, and learn from mistakes. We're competitive and we like to win together.
Lastly, if you're allergic to cats, don't worry! Our office cat, Hobbes stays in his own room and won't bother you unless you decide to work in there with him.