Junior Software Developer
Are you ready for a new challenge and a chance to work for a trailblazing company that’s exploring new ways for enterprises to extend the lifecycle of their existing software investments?
InFlight is looking for a Junior Software Developer who’s passionate about technology, software and programming. We need someone who is accountable for high quality work and has the ability to see the big picture so they can understand and follow through on customer requirements.
This is a role for a Junior Software Developer who wants to take ownership of our core modernization engine and ensure it is satisfying customer needs while staying on the leading edge of technology trends.
If this sounds like you, join our rapidly growing company and take your career to the next level.
What we do:
InFlight brings the user experience of aging enterprise applications into the future. We do things with legacy enterprise software that no one thought possible.
Our approach to modernization is so simple, yet so sophisticated, it dissolves all the technical and organizational hurdles that enterprises usually face during IT projects.
We enable blue chip brands to:
- Enhance online and mobile service delivery to create emotional impact and engagement
- Step outside disruptive and expensive cycle of software upgrades and migrations
- Deliver a perpetually fresh user experience for the least cost
InFlight is a small software company that’s been able to transcend the hype usually associated with the industry. We’ve got all the perks and opportunities that start-ups have, plus all the advantages of being an established and profitable business.
What’s in it for you?
- Impact: InFlight is driving change across multiple industries and affecting the work lives of millions of end-users. Every day you will see the fruits of your labour.
- Career growth: The work you do here will extend and deepen your skills.
- Mentorship: You will be reporting to the Director of Engineering, Eric Hochmeister: https://www.linkedin.com/in/eric-hochmeister-21799ba.
So what do we need? Someone who wants to:
- Create robust, high quality, maintainable and scalable backend code and services.
- Work with the team to evaluate emerging technologies while helping maintain and modernize existing platforms.
- Help to define, shape and drive technical requirements and development for future product iterations.
- Significantly contribute to the InFlight product by making the technology more accessible to Front End developers.
You may be the person we’re looking for if you have:
- The education. A university degree or a college diploma in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or a related field.
- The technical expertise. You have hands-on experience using:
- Legacy and modern web architecture
- ASP.NET, ASP.NET MVC, C#
- Web Services, REST
- Source/version control including Git
- HTTP Protocol
- Cross-platform web browsers and debugging tools (including Fiddler and in-browser F12 tools)
- Computer Science topics including data structures, algorithms, distributed systems
- The beneficial but not essential skills. You have:
- Knowledge of systems administration of Windows Server and IIS
- Previous experience with PeopleSoft
- Experience with administering and/or using SharePoint
- Understanding of industry-accepted single sign-on technologies like SAML, OAuth, Kerberos, NTLM, HTTP header stuffing, etc.
- Exposure to frameworks such as AngularJS or React
- Experience with Azure and Office365
- The passion. You have a true interest in people, solutions and technology. The ability to present a solution that will change the everyday lives of customers is personally and professionally satisfying to you.
- The desire to be a champion. You want to work with the best and introduce best practices. You have strong communication skills and the ability to work collaboratively to impress our customers with easy-to-use solutions that delights them.
Want to learn more about what it’s like to work at InFlight?
Visit our Careers page (www.inflightintegration.com/jobs) to learn more about our perks, culture and values.
Does this sound good? Apply now!
If you’re ready to make an impact on how the world’s biggest brands work, we’d love to hear from you.
InFlight welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.