Senior Business Development Representative
Job Title: Senior Business Development Representative
Why join Igloo:
One of our core beliefs at Igloo is that people are a company’s biggest asset. This philosophy is woven into everything we do at Igloo – our behaviors, our culture, and especially our digital workplace solutions (which we use every day). And that’s why we can offer you a superior employee experience that goes beyond superficial perks and promises, and gives you the true sense of purpose you’ve been waiting for.
Igloo’s goal is to help people communicate and collaborate in the workplace. This means creating simple but effective workflows to enable people to create content and a delightful experience for consuming and collaborating on it.
Why this role is important:
This role bridges the gap between inbound and outbound-generated marketing qualified leads (MQL’s) and the sales team, to turn MQL’s into early stage sales opportunities.
The impact you’ll have:
This role is responsible for qualifying warm leads and passing them off to the Sales Manager or Account Executive as well as generating outbound leads from a set of targeted priority accounts. The Business Development Representative’s role is to be a trusted adviser. Customers want to listen to trusted advisers, not sales reps. We listen and understand the business challenges/pains and provide guidance and potential solutions to prospects, which leads to a warm hand of to the sales person.
This role is a great fit for you if you’re a natural relationship builder, inquisitive and a result driven individual. As a Business Development Representative, you will have a direct impact on the Sales Team’s success as you qualify prospects into the sales pipeline. You will target senior decision makers at forward-thinking medium to large businesses to help understand the value a digital destination would bring to their modern workplace.
The impact you'll have:
- Research: research the stakeholders and the business to find out how the Igloo solution can add value to prospects
- Qualifying: you are persistent about follow ups, qualifying warm leads, finding the decision maker and the business need
- Relationship Building: you will be responsible for creating a lasting first impression with our prospects, as well as collaborate effectively with the sales team
- Nurturing: bring leads along the buying path using Marketing content
- Teamwork: we win as a team and lose as a team. You know how important you are as a BDR to the sales team. You are ambitious and work hard to hit your numbers because you know it impacts the achievement of overall team goals
- Continuous Learning: take a proactive approach to your own development by building exceptional knowledge of the Igloo platform and work closely with internal Igloo teams to ensure exceptional customer service to prospects
- Customer Centric: you listen and empathize with the customer and can quickly align customer challenges with product solutions
- Reporting: track leads, pipeline developments and sales efforts in Salesforce.com
What you’ll need:
- 5 - 7 years of relevant business development experience
- Strong proficiency with salesforce.com or similar CRM
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Strong interpersonal skills, innovative attitude, flexible, proactive, service-minded and a strong team player
- Excellent relationship building skills and experience
What we have to offer:
We offer health benefits, a training budget for every employee, fair-trade coffee and tea, treats every pay day, and an eco-bonus for people who take alternative transportation to work. You choose whether you work on a Mac or PC, and we give our developers stipends to buy whatever hardware makes your work easier.
If you’re looking for a role with the right mix of autonomy and team collaboration, an environment that fosters transparency and trust, a company with seasoned leadership and backed by a leading investment firm, a career with lots of opportunity and room for growth, and a chance to personally influence how organizations work, then we invite you to step inside Igloo.
Sound like you? Apply now!
Igloo welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Learn more about Igloo Software: https://www.igloosoftware.com/careers/