Senior Network Analyst and Client Support Consultant
We are currently seeking a talented, resourceful, and confident candidate to join our team as a Senior Network Analyst and Client Support Consultant. The ideal candidate is detail-orientated, self-motivated and thrives in a fast-paced atmosphere. Be a team player and able to project a strong professional demeanor. Must possess exceptional written and oral communication skills and can deliver against objectives and timelines.
- Provide support to clients via phone, email, and on-line submitted tickets
- Work as a key team member on deploying managed services (mServices) as guided by corporate standards and client contracts; this includes servers, network infrastructure, monitoring, reporting, and systems conversions
- Make your expertise available to support the efforts sales and marketing colleagues on occasion to assist in job specifications/closing sales
- Assist in the consultative sales process to close customer sales
- Install, configure and upgrade operating systems and software, using “Best Practices” standards
- Install, configure, assemble and repair computers, monitors, network infrastructure and peripherals such as printers and related hardware; LANs and WANs
- Troubleshoot and solve hardware and software problems;
- Use initiative and independent judgment within established contractual agreements guidelines and procedures
- Communicate effectively with customers, co-workers, representatives of public and private organizations and others to exchange or convey information
- Support the Technical Services Unit and PSG projects as needed
- Support mServices contract for internal systems
- Scope, recommend and install ‘PSA’ systems and core business systems
- Provide on-call after-hour support and onsite support as needed
- An interest in using technology creatively to accelerate business
- 5+ years of work experience
- 2+ years experience in Project Management or similar
- Post-Secondary Diploma, Computer Systems Technology OR Post-Secondary Degree, Computer Science
- Experience with computer hardware, software and peripherals such as servers, workstations, thin clients, monitors, cables, network systems, printers, routers, modems, and managed switches
- Procedures for installing, configuring, upgrading, troubleshooting and repairing applicable software, hardware and peripherals
- Principles, practices, hardware and software related to the establishment and maintenance of LANs and WANs
- Techniques for explaining technical concepts and procedures to non-technical users.
- Working knowledge of general networking (DHCP, DNS, Routing, NAT, firewalling, VLANs, etc)
- General Unix skills (Linux, primarily)
- Working knowledge of Windows networking (Active Directory, Group Policy, file sharing/migration, licensing services, RDP)
- Virtualization infrastructures: VMWare, XenServer, Linux KVM, Hyper-V
- Organization Skills
- VoIP - basic SIP and QoS knowledge an asset
Ready to join our team? Here is why.
- We offer a wide range of competitive group benefits such as Health & Dental, Vision, Life, AD&D and Long-Term Disability. Health spending account for health-related expenses over and above the regular group benefits
- Tuition for on-going education
- We value work life balance and offer a causal and fun environment
- Competitive salary, paid vacation and paid flex days
- Summer BBQs on our rooftop patio
- Convenient location with free parking
- Take a break from the screens and relax on the massage chair or our game room
- Not to mention the opportunity to work in a highly talented and winning team!
At Pund-IT, we not only work hard, but play just as hard, come join us.
While we appreciate your interest, please note that only qualified candidates will be contacted.