We are seeking a highly talented Architect to work with a cross-functional team to define the architecture of new payloads for our sUAS products. FLIR strives to provide the highest quality imaging and non-imaging payloads on the market. We've set the bar high with our 30x zoom visible light payloads and our combined visible light/infrared payloads. We will continue to offer best-in-class payloads that can be carried by our sUAS. Reporting to the VP – Operations, the Payload Systems Architect will play a critical role in the team that brings these new payloads to market.
The Payload Systems Architect will:
- Work with product management to understand and help define requirements for new products
- Develop the architecture for new payloads
- Work with electrical, mechanical, software and V&V teams to ensure the complete architecture of the payload will handle the product requirements and KPIs
- Provide input to Payload Project Manager to build overall schedule
- Meet with vendors to understand and drive roadmap of sensors and other components necessary for payloads we are developing or contemplating
- Ensure payload design meets requirements for quality manufacturability
- PhD, MASc, BASc, BSc in Systems Engineering, Mechatronics or related field
- 10+ years in designing and developing imaging sensors
- 10+ years of experience working with a cross-functional team on product development that includes mechanical, electrical and software components
- Knowledge and experience in optical design
- Excellent communication and organization skills
- Ability to take initiative and work independently on projects
- Knowledge of robotic kinematics and control
- Experience with lasers would be an asset
- Eligible to be certified to examine, possess and transfer items under the Canadian Controlled Goods Program and legally authorized to work in Canada
FLIR and all of our employees are committed to conducting business with the highest ethical standards. We require all employees to comply with all applicable laws, regulations, rules and regulatory orders. Our reputation for honesty, integrity and high ethics is as important to us as our reputation for making innovative sensing solutions.
FLIR is an equal opportunity employer.