Agfa Healthcare is currently hiring a Web Software Developer to join its Waterloo, Ontario team. Our software developers are involved in the full cycle of software development, actively engaged in the design, implementation, automated/integration testing, and maintenance of our software. The software is developed in an Agile/Scrum team environment where we foster our core values of innovation and knowledge transfer with daily interactions between developers, testers & clinical/technical product managers in order to continuously improve and make a difference in the healthcare arena.
As a Web Software Developer, your main responsibilities are:
- Designing, developing, troubleshooting and debugging software to ensure that work products meet all requisite software development practices and sanctioned work processes including the creation of regulatory artifacts.
- Managing self-directed assignments to resolve software defects or implement features to meet schedule commitments with a high-level of quality, while exercising appropriate diligence at the same time.
- Contributing to the architecture, design and work-estimation of large software components, and participating in code and design reviews.
- Developing and executing unit and integration test plans and procedures, and interfacing with fellow scrum team members regarding the results of those tests.
- Continuously acquiring knowledge of industry and company standards, tools and technologies through self-study, and applying this knowledge to your work as appropriate.
- Working actively in an Agile environment and being an integral part of a scrum team.
- College/University degree in Computer Science/Engineering or related degree/diploma.
- 3+ years of hands-on experience with designing and developing web applications using Angular, and preferably some experience with Java/J2EE (including servlets).
- Attention to detail and the ability to quickly absorb new concepts and technologies.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Independent problem-solving abilities, and a strong commitment to quality software development.