Senior Software Developer - Cloud and Infrastructure
Who we are searching for:
You know that Amazon isn’t just for shopping. You are a deadline driven, experienced Software Developer with your head in the cloud. You have a minimum of 2 years’ experience with cloud platforms such as AWS. As Senior Software Developer, you will leverage your cloud based analytical skills to design, develop and test large-scale software applications on a range of technologies with our DriveSync platform. You will work with a diverse, cross-functional team, leveraging best practices for application design to produce high quality, production solutions.
Some of the areas you will have the opportunity to mentor others in will include the AWS platform, Java/Web, SQL/no SQL, Scripting and various testing environments.
Your role at IMS:
- Lead, design, develop and test large-scale software applications on a range of technologies
- Develop and optimize secure, scalable and maintainable database designs for use on major database engines
- Support more junior team members to interpret business and product requirements
- Adhere to strict software quality coding standards and best practices including Agile design principles
- Responsible for conducting technical testing & validation
- Research, adapt and make recommendations for a rapidly evolving product line which may include selections of tools and languages when appropriate
- Enhance team spirit by building & maintaining relationships, encourage other team members to contribute; facilitate cooperation and motivate team members to accomplish group goals
- Effectively communicate with cross-functional teams (marketing/sales, product, customer support and business operations) to ensure key stakeholders are kept informed with respect to overall product quality when acting as in the Engineering Lead (Prime) on specific projects
- Demonstrate ability to influence
- Coach and mentor more junior team members
- Demonstrate self-direction, accountability and flexibility
Skills you bring to IMS:
- Degree/diploma in Engineering, Computer Science or related field
- Minimum 2 years of hands on development experience with cloud based platforms
- Demonstrate the ability to influence
Proven experience in several of the following areas:
- J2EE Development/Spring-Boot
- Java/Web Applications
- SQL & noSQL Database Design
- Server Operating Systems (i.e. Linux, Unix, Windows, etc.)
- Data Analytics & Test Automation
- Development and Build Tools (i.e. Jenkins, Git, Jira, etc.)
Why join IMS?
- We are committed to your professional development and growth within the organization
- We offer comprehensive benefits (health, dental, vision care, RRSP, and employee assistance program), with no waiting period
- Corporate Goodlife Fitness membership discount and more
- Industry-competitive salary, vacation and flexible work hours
- State of the art facility with free parking, close to walking trails, shopping, restaurants and summer outdoor markets
- We offer a comfortable employee lounge & games room
- Free daily snacks and free breakfast Wednesdays
- We provide a paid day off for full-time employees in celebration of your birthday each year
- Optional summer hours (compressed work-week) during the months of July and August
- Time off to volunteer
- Multi-tiered Rewards and Recognition Program, including manager nominated and peer to peer awards
Intelligent Mechatronic Systems Inc. (IMS) is a leader in Connected Car™ technology that enables drivers to be safer, smarter and greener. We are a privately held technology company founded in 1999 and based in Waterloo, Ontario, Canada – the heart of Canada’s Technology Triangle. Our unique approach of converging in-car infotainment, automotive telematics and wireless technology has resulted in an impressive range of solutions. From insurance and government, to fleets and everyday drivers, our technology revolutionizes industries.
Direct applications only – no recruitment agencies please.
At IMS, we are committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible work environment, where all employees feel valued, respected and supported. IMS offers accommodation for applicants with disabilities as part of its recruitment process. If you are contacted to arrange for an interview or testing, please advise us if you require an accommodation.