At Terminal, we build skilled remote engineering teams for the top companies in tech. More than just recruiting, Terminal takes care of everything remote teams need to thrive – from little things like managing office logistics to big things like benefits, legal, and community. We identify emerging tech hubs around the globe and connect the top engineers with the most compelling companies. We exist because we just don't believe that geographical barriers should get in the way of putting the best people at the best companies and helping them thrive. Backed by top venture firms, Terminal is headquartered in San Francisco, with offices in Kitchener-Waterloo, Montreal, Vancouver, Toronto, Guadalajara and rapidly expanding into new geographies.
Terminal is seeking a Lead Engineer to drive further success of our business. This person will lead the development of the Terminal Product, make architecture decisions, build and mentor an agile group of engineers, identify global market opportunities, and consider important repercussions on how the engineering team builds and implements new projects and features across multiple sites internationally. Our team culture rewards a bias for action, engineering partnership in defining the product, and discipline in how we develop. You’ll thrive in our team if you love chasing impact, working through ambiguity, and developing a culture of innovation.
What You’ll Do:
- Define a roadmap for the design and architecture of our new platform with a service oriented architecture
- Drive system architecture decisions, but also enjoy getting your hands dirty and cleaning up ugly areas of the codebase
- Look beyond the tech stack and explore new systems that we can integrate with to cut development efforts in half
- You will develop a healthy and collaborative culture that embodies Terminal's values
- You will ensure your team delivers extraordinary output, and continuously seeks ways to make an outsized impact
- You will help craft technical and product strategy
- You will engage with teams across Terminal and external partners to ensure all new features are built with a global mindset and scale for the future
What We Are Looking For:
- BS (or higher, e.g., MS, or PhD) in Computer Science or related technical field involving coding (e.g., physics or mathematics), or equivalent technical experience
- Experience as a software developer, familiarity with modern front end frameworks: React, Vue.js, Node, etc.
- Experience designing and architecting complex backend systems
- Deep understanding of service oriented architectures, design patterns and data modeling
What You Have:
- Collaborative mindset - at Terminal we solve problems together and collaborate to get the best outcomes for our candidates and clients
- Integrity - you are honest and trustworthy and invested in our mission to both help build exceptional teams and provide opportunities to high quality candidates
- Resourcefulness - You adapt to changing priorities and are proactive in identifying, defining, and solving problems
- Passion for building teams, growing careers, and inspiring people to do the best work of their lives in growing venture backed companies
- Exceptional communications skills: written and verbal
What You’ll Get:
- An early spot at a fast-growing company that is changing the future of work, talent and growing companies
- Exposure to early-stage companies; You will help ensure a team is successful for the next big thing
- Competitive compensation, equity and benefits
- A tight-knit team, a beautiful workspace and the responsibility and freedom to improve on the process
We are focused on building a diverse and inclusive workforce. If you’re excited about this role, but do not meet 100% of the qualifications listed above, we encourage you to apply.
Terminal is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers applicants for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetics or any other basis forbidden under federal, provincial, or local law.
We thank all applicants for their interest.