Kaleidescape builds products for movie lovers. We bring our passion for movies, technology, and innovation together to deliver award-winning products that allow people to enjoy more time with their families, reconnect with the favorite movies and music, and truly enjoy their content throughout their homes. We continue to seek out people with a similar passion to help create and develop a revolutionary home entertainment experience.
We are seeking a software test engineer with a natural curiosity for understanding how things work (and how to break them) in the pursuit of creating products with exceptionally high quality. The software test engineer has experience with system and integration test planning, test case design, test execution, defect reporting in addition to working with various automation frameworks and tools. As part of the engineering team, the software test engineer works with software engineers and product management to effectively translate product/marketing requirements into testing requirements.
Primary job functions include:
- Develop test plans and test suites for large and small project/software releases covering integration between multiple software applications and/or systems
- Conduct test plan and test case reviews with cross-functional project team members
- Create manual and automated tests for front/backend web application, mobile and embedded applications
- Communicate accurate and timely testing status reports
- You have a passion for developing beautiful and high-quality products
- You have exceptional analytical and problem-solving skills
- You are highly organized, motivated, and execution oriented
- You are proficient in at least one scripting language, ideally Python
- You are proficient with Linux shell scripting and commands
- You have a working knowledge of Web Services, XML, JSON, Databases and SQL
- Bonus points for experience with any of the following:
- Agile Development Methodologies, ideally Scrum
- Test automation tools and frameworks such as Mocha, Jasmin, Appium, Espresso, Selenium, JUnit or JMeter
- Digital audio and video technologies such as Blu-ray, 4K, HDR, MP4,
- H.264/5, HDMI, HDCP, etc.
- Embedded real-time operating systems
- Highly concurrent thread-based architectures