With intelligent video management, video analytics, access control, and innovative perimeter intrusion detection systems, Senstar offers a comprehensive suite of proven, integrated technologies. Senstar’s products have been safeguarding people places and property for over 35 years. Key to our success is the ability to deliver security and risk management solutions backed by deep industry knowledge and world-class support. Senstar products can be found protecting assets in a wide range of markets such as critical infrastructure, corrections, military, manufacturing, oil and gas as well as transportation.
About the Position
Senstar, a leading computer vision company, has an immediate opening for a Full-Stack Developer to help implement the cloud-based management system for our distributed video management software (VMS).
Reporting to the VP of Software Engineering, the Full-Stack Developer is responsible for development and maintenance of the web-facing, enterprise-wide management system.
- 2 years C#
- 2 years programming experience with cloud-deployed software
- 2 years database/SQL problem solving experience
- 2 years distributed systems/network programming experience
- Understanding of REST principles
- Understanding of cryptographic principles, including TLS (SSL) and certificates
- Experience writing readable, reusable, and refactorable code
- Bachelor degree in computer science (or similar)
- Desire to be a strong member of an even stronger team
Advantages (Nice to Have)
- Experience with object-oriented techniques
- Experience working with video/codecs/cameras
- Experience with Azure
- Experience with WCF, LINQ
- Concurrency/multi-threaded programming experience
- C++ experience
- DirectShow programming experience (managed and unmanaged)
- Linux experience
- Embedded development experience
- Experience debugging crash dumps on Windows
- Scrum experience
- Experience with source control (Git, Subversion)
Location & Duration
- This is a full time permanent role based out of Senstar's office in Waterloo, ON, Canada.