With intelligent video management, video analytics, access control, and innovative perimeter intrusion detection systems, Senstar offers a comprehensive suite of proven, integrated technologies. Senstar’s products have been safeguarding people places and property for over 35 years. Key to our success is the ability to deliver security and risk management solutions backed by deep industry knowledge and world-class support. Senstar products can be found protecting assets in a wide range of markets such as critical infrastructure, corrections, military, manufacturing, oil and gas as well as transportation.
About the Position
Senstar, a leading computer vision company, has an immediate opening for a Quality Assurance Specialist for our distributed video management software (VMS) team. As a member of the QA team, you will work with developers to design, document, and execute test cases. Tasks and deliverables change quickly so we are looking for someone who is flexible and adjusts to shifting priorities.
This position offers an exciting opportunity to work in a technically challenging domain and use your technical, analytical and people skills to drive our product forward.
- Perform functional and regression testing
- Track test progress and convey results
- Set up test environments
- Actively participate in daily scrum meetings
- Ensure test coverage by finding defects and verifying fixes
- Apply best practices for testing
- Create test cases from product requirements
- At least 1-2 years of experience working in Software Development or Quality Assurance (co-op experience counts!) testing both compiled and web-based applications on Windows platforms
- Degree or Diploma or equivalent in a related field
- Possess a genuine interest in testing, career progression and improving personal QA knowledge
- Flexible and independent
- Ability to learn quickly
- Solid analytical and organizational skills
- Time management skills
- Outstanding attention to detail
- Ability to follow process
- Excellent communication in written and spoken English
- The ability to effectively communicate ideas to others
Advantages (Nice to Have)
- Applying QA principles in an Agile environment
- Testing iOS and /or Android Mobile applications
- Running or writing automated tests
- Executing performance tests
- Writing SQL queries
- Using virtual environments
- IP Video Cameras
Location & Duration
- This is a full time permanent role based out of Senstar's office in Waterloo, ON, Canada.