Chief Technology Officer
Chief Technology Officer (CTO)
Location: Waterloo, Ontario Canada
Netsweeper Inc. is a leading provider of application and Internet content classification solutions for businesses, educational institutions, government organizations, service providers, carriers, and OEM partners around the world. Netsweeper’s solutions supply IT managers with web security tools necessary to optimize network usage while providing all users with a positive, productive and safe Internet experience. Founded in 1999, Netsweeper Inc. is in Waterloo, Ontario, Canada’s technology triangle along with offices in the UK, Netherlands, India, and Dubai, including integrators and resellers worldwide.
Netsweeper’s current CTO will be moving to an exciting new role within the company, so we are therefore seeking a highly skilled and experienced CTO for our Waterloo Research and Development offices to take over this challenging and rewarding position. The CTO is tasked with making executive technology decisions on behalf of the company, including managing a technology budget and making investments to align the company with their vision for its technological needs. You should be a strategic thinker, an effective communicator, a hands-on individual and an expert in technological development and customer support.
You will lead the technology team and work with the sales and market teams and will act as both a technology and business expert, making decisions that will impact the current and future operations of the company.
- Setting a vision for how technology will be used in the company.
- Ensuring that the technological resources meet the company's short and long-term needs.
- Outline the goals for research and development.
- Creating timelines for the development and deployment of all technological services.
- Making executive decisions on behalf of the company's technological requirements.
- Maintaining a consumer-focused outlook and aiding in the delivering of IT projects to market.
- Managing technology budgets and time frames and acting as a good steward of company resources and departmental budgets.
- Staying on top of technology trends and developments.
- Monitor KPIs and IT budgets to assess technological performance.
- Ensuring all technology practices adhere to regulatory standards.
- Managing all teams in technical teams in Waterloo and Worldwide to improve efficiency and effectiveness.
- Provide leadership to management and our highly skilled technical teams in keeping with company mission and goals.
- Be engaged and required to travel to meet with customers internationally on a regular basis.
- Be a product champion and advocate across the globe, and communicate technology strategy to partners and customers.
- 5+ years managerial experience leading a team of leading experts in software development, deployment, and support.
- BSc/BA in Computer Science, Engineering or a related field is required. Preference will shown to candidates with a Masters degree in these fields.
- Advanced technological skill set and a demonstrated history with software technology relevant to the Netsweeper product ecosystem.
- Ability to think strategically and a track record of executing the tactical and operational activity necessary for success.
- Extensive industry knowledge with an eye towards the future.
- Must work well in a very fast paced and changing technology environment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication appropriate to leading our team and supporting our customers with outstanding technical expertise and a positive client experience.
We thank all candidates for their interest, but due to the volume of resumes we receive, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. If interested in this position, please submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Netsweeper is committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible work environment, where all employees feel valued, respected and supported. Netsweeper offers accommodation for applicants with disabilities as part of its recruitment process. If you are contacted to arrange for an interview or testing, please advise us if you require additional accommodation.
The above job posting and information was written to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by an employee in this role. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required.