Marketing Communications Manager
ApplyBoard was founded in 2015 with the belief that education is a right, not a privilege. Our vision is to make education accessible to thousands of students around the world. Through our platform and team of experts, we streamline the application process, from submission to enrollment, assisting students every step of the way.
Today, ApplyBoard has grown to become the world’s largest platform for international student recruitment to North America. We have built partnerships with over 1,200 of the best secondary and post-secondary education institutions across Canada and the United States and helped 60,000+ students apply to study abroad.
As a market leader, we are backed by some of the most prestigious global venture capitalists in the Silicon Valley and Toronto and are one of Canada’s fastest-growing tech companies - with no signs of slowing down.
ApplyBoard is built on innovation and diversity. Our team is comprised of 50-50 gender parity, 27 nationalities and over 30 languages spoken! Over the last 4 years, we have grown to over 220 employees worldwide, with team members in Canada, the United States, Vietnam, China, India, Bangladesh, Nepal, and the Philippines. We are dedicated to achieving our mission through collaboration, hard work, ownership, and having fun...are you ready to help us make a difference?
We have an exciting opportunity for a strategic and creative Marketing Communications Manager to join our expanding Marketing Team located in our Kitchener, ON head office. Reporting to the Director of Marketing, this role will lead the development and execution of ApplyBoard’s marketing communication strategy across internal and external teams, targeting diverse markets and personas globally. The successful candidate will be a working manager, responsible for leading a small team while executing upon key programs and initiatives.
In this role, you will:
- Craft the ApplyBoard story, key messaging, positioning statements, and other strategic communications to create consistency across all teams within ApplyBoard
- Define ApplyBoard’s communication guidelines and tone of voice
- Develop ApplyBoard’s marketing communications strategy focused on developing cross-platform content that drives brand awareness and demand generation
- Assist the Marketing Program Managers with the conceptualization and development of communications to support their program initiatives, assist with and oversee the development of materials including product information, presentations, marketing materials, etc.
- Oversee the ApplyBoard Blog and Life at ApplyBoard Blog including strategy, content calendar, content creation, editing content, and optimization
- Create and maintain content for the ApplyBoard website, landing pages, and other digital mediums
- Manage the assignment of new projects and adherence of deadlines by staff
- Lead the development and initial execution of ApplyBoard’s public relations strategy
- Build and relationships with media contacts, provide staff with media training, manage interview and content requests, etc.
You bring/you are:
- 5-8 years of progressive marketing communications experience within a start-up or scale-up technology company
- Global marketing and communications experience preferred
- 2-3 years of experience in a supervisory or management role
- A diploma or degree in business administration, communications, marketing, public relations, or a related field
- Demonstrated experience planning, managing, and executing a marketing communications strategy and public relations strategy
- Strong commitment to producing high-quality communication materials
- Experience media training, building media relationships, and securing coverage in publications
- HIgh attention to detail and excellent proofing/editing skills
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Project management ability, ability to work under tight timelines, ability to balance strategy, execution, and mentorship/coaching of staff
- Ability to manage strategy, execution, and mentorship/coaching of staff
What We Offer:
- The opportunity to have an impact on a product that is positively affecting change to thousands of students lives every day
- Working alongside a brilliant and globally diverse team that is the fastest growing in the Waterloo region
- Great compensation and benefits package to keep you healthy and happy!
Thank you for your interest in ApplyBoard, however, only those applicants that have been selected for an interview will be contacted.
At ApplyBoard, we understand the value of having a diverse team. That’s why we believe in providing equal opportunity regardless of race, national or ethnic origin, colour, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, family status, genetic characteristics, disability, and conviction. Please let us know if you require accommodation during the recruitment process.