ApplyBoard was founded in 2015 with the belief that education is a right, not a privilege. Our vision is to make education accessible to thousands of students around the world. Through our platform and team of experts, we streamline the application process, from submission to enrollment, assisting students every step of the way.
Today, ApplyBoard has grown to become the world’s largest platform for international student recruitment to North America. We have built partnerships with over 1,200 of the best secondary and post-secondary education institutions across Canada and the United States and helped 60,000+ students apply to study abroad.
As a market leader, we are backed by some of the most prestigious global venture capitalists in the Silicon Valley and Toronto and are one of Canada’s fastest-growing tech companies - with no signs of slowing down.
ApplyBoard is built on innovation and diversity. Our team is comprised of 50-50 gender parity, 27 nationalities and over 30 languages spoken! Over the last 4 years, we have grown to over 220 employees worldwide, with team members in Canada, the United States, Vietnam, China, India, Bangladesh, Nepal, and the Philippines. We are dedicated to achieving our mission through collaboration, hard work, ownership, and having fun...are you ready to help us make a difference?
We are looking for an experienced and creative Graphic Designer to join our Marketing Team and take our company and platform to the next level!
In this role, you will:
- Create visual aspects of marketing materials, website, social media and other media, including infographics, brochures, icons, and more
- Work simultaneously on projects based on company workload
- Plan concepts by studying relevant information and materials
- Review final layouts and suggest improvements where and when necessary
- Illustrating concepts by designing examples of art arrangement, size, type size and style and submitting them for approval
- Assist in determining the message the design should portray
- Assist in post-production video editing for social channels including YouTube, Instagram and Facebook (graphics, camera footage, special effects, sound effects, etc.)
- 2-3 years’ experience in Graphic Design
- Bachelor’s degree or diploma in Graphic Design, Fine Arts or relevant field
- Extensive experience with Illustrator, Photoshop and InDesign
- Experience with video editing tools including Adobe Premiere Pro
- Knowledge of animation
- Experience working with WordPress templates
- Strong eye for visual composition
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Effective time management skills and ability to meet deadlines
- Ability to absorb and apply constructive criticism from peers and clients
- Excellent interpersonal skills and verbal and written communication skills
What We Offer:
- The opportunity to have an impact on a product that is positively affecting change to thousands of students lives every day
- Working alongside a brilliant and globally diverse team that is the fastest growing in the Waterloo region
- Great compensation and benefits package to keep you healthy and happy!
Thank you for your interest in ApplyBoard, however, only those applicants that have been selected for an interview will be contacted.
At ApplyBoard, we understand the value of having a diverse team. That’s why we believe in providing equal opportunity regardless of race, national or ethnic origin, colour, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, family status, genetic characteristics, disability, and conviction. Please let us know if you require accommodation during the recruitment process.