Sr. Software Engineer - Full-Stack
ApplyBoard was founded in 2015 with the belief that education is a right, not a privilege. Our vision is to make education accessible to thousands of students around the world. Through our platform and team of experts, we streamline the application process, from submission to enrollment, assisting students every step of the way.
Today, ApplyBoard has grown to become the world’s largest platform for international student recruitment to North America. We have built partnerships with over 1,200 of the best secondary and post-secondary education institutions across Canada and the United States and helped 60,000+ students apply to study abroad.
As a market leader, we are backed by some of the most prestigious global venture capitalists in the Silicon Valley and Toronto and are one of Canada’s fastest-growing tech companies - with no signs of slowing down.
ApplyBoard is built on innovation and diversity. Our team is comprised of 50-50 gender parity, 27 nationalities and over 30 languages spoken! Over the last 4 years, we have grown to over 220 employees worldwide, with team members in Canada, the United States, Vietnam, China, India, Bangladesh, Nepal, and the Philippines. We are dedicated to achieving our mission through collaboration, hard work, ownership, and having fun...are you ready to help us make a difference?
The Sr. Full-Stack Software Engineer will join our growing Engineering Team in order to design and develop UX/UI and backend services to be used by our clients and partners running in the cloud and on-premise. They will participate in developing strategy, architecture and frameworks for the organization.
- Apply agile development principles to build organized and versatile code
- Support, fix and update existing applications to improve efficiency and support the growth of extensive software systems
- Learn, understand and implement the concepts of Test/Behaviour Driven Development
- Learn and understand the fundamental concepts of ReactJS on the front end and microservices, Restful APIs on the backend and implement high-quality code according to those concepts
- Have a passion for innovative technologies like Docker, Kubernetes, Kafka, RabbitMQ and various cloud technologies
- Collaborate with other teams in order to successfully use our CI/CD pipeline to increase the velocity of feature deployments and robustness in the deployments
- Feel comfortable using different database technologies like Aurora, RDS, ElasticSearch, MongoDB and MySQL
- Document and test code to ensure the quality of the completed work requirement
- Avoid cumbersome solutions through diligent research, experimentation, and testing
- Take ownership for problems and deliver consistently high-quality solutions
- Design enhancements to improve efficiency and streamline the business process as well as the development process
- Bachelor or Master’s degree in computer science or equivalent
- Minimum 5 years experience in a relevant field
- Minimum 2 years experience of front-end development
- Proficiency in ReactJS
- Experience writing RESTful API endpoints using JSON
- Fluency in Object Oriented Design and software design patterns: understanding common design patterns, data structures, and algorithms
- Experience with relational and NoSQL databases
- Fluency in Git, shell scripting, Linux or macOS
- Bonus: Experience developing production level Ruby on Rails applications
What We Offer:
- The opportunity to have an impact on a product that is positively affecting change to thousands of students lives every day
- Working alongside a brilliant and globally diverse team that is the fastest growing in the Waterloo region
- Great compensation and benefits package to keep you healthy and happy!
Thank you for your interest in ApplyBoard, however, only those applicants that have been selected for an interview will be contacted.
At ApplyBoard, we understand the value of having a diverse team. That’s why we believe in providing equal opportunity regardless of race, national or ethnic origin, colour, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, family status, genetic characteristics, disability, and conviction. Please let us know if you require accommodation during the recruitment process.