Sr. Software Engineer - Back-End
ApplyBoard was founded in 2015 with the belief that education is a right, not a privilege. Our vision is to make education accessible to thousands of students around the world. Through our platform and team of experts, we streamline the application process, from submission to enrollment, assisting students every step of the way.
Today, ApplyBoard has grown to become the world’s largest platform for international student recruitment to North America. We have built partnerships with over 1,200 of the best secondary and post-secondary education institutions across Canada and the United States and helped 60,000+ students apply to study abroad.
As a market leader, we are backed by some of the most prestigious global venture capitalists in the Silicon Valley and Toronto and are one of Canada’s fastest-growing tech companies - with no signs of slowing down.
ApplyBoard is built on innovation and diversity. Our team is comprised of 50-50 gender parity, 27 nationalities and over 30 languages spoken! Over the last 4 years, we have grown to over 220 employees worldwide, with team members in Canada, the United States, Vietnam, China, India, Bangladesh, Nepal, and the Philippines. We are dedicated to achieving our mission through collaboration, hard work, ownership, and having fun...are you ready to help us make a difference?
We are looking for an experienced Sr. Software Engineer - Backend to join our growing Engineering Team and take our company and platform to the next level!
- Apply agile development principles to build organized and versatile code
- Support, fix and update existing applications to improve efficiency and support the growth of extensive software systems
- Document and test code to ensure the quality of the completed work requirement
- Avoid cumbersome solutions through diligent research, experimentation, and testing
- Design enhancements to improve efficiency and streamline the business process
- Minimum 5 years experience in a relevant field
- Experience writing RESTful API endpoints
- Fluency in Object Oriented Design and software design patterns: understand common design patterns, data structures, and algorithms
- Experience with relational and NoSQL databases
- Proficiency in designing web applications
- Experience with Domain Driven Design
- Proficiency in Event-Driven and Service Oriented Architecture
- Fluency in Test Driven Development
- Familiar with Microservices
- Fluency in Git, shell scripting, Linux or macOS
- Bachelor or Master’s degree in computer science or equivalent
- Bonus: Experience developing production level Ruby on Rails applications
What We Offer:
- The opportunity to have an impact on a product that is positively affecting change to thousands of students lives every day
- Working alongside a brilliant and globally diverse team that is the fastest growing in the Waterloo region
- Great compensation and benefits package to keep you healthy and happy!
Thank you for your interest in ApplyBoard, however, only those applicants that have been selected for an interview will be contacted.
At ApplyBoard, we understand the value of having a diverse team. That’s why we believe in providing equal opportunity regardless of race, national or ethnic origin, colour, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, family status, genetic characteristics, disability, and conviction. Please let us know if you require accommodation during the recruitment process.