Knowledge Base Specialist
ApplyBoard was founded in 2015 with the belief that education is a right, not a privilege. Our vision is to make education accessible to thousands of students around the world. Through our platform and team of experts, we streamline the application process, from submission to enrollment, assisting students every step of the way.
Today, ApplyBoard has grown to become the world’s largest platform for international student recruitment to North America. We have built partnerships with over 1,200 of the best secondary and post-secondary education institutions across Canada and the United States and helped 60,000+ students apply to study abroad.
As a market leader, we are backed by some of the most prestigious global venture capitalists in the Silicon Valley and Toronto and are one of Canada’s fastest-growing tech companies - with no signs of slowing down.
ApplyBoard is built on innovation and diversity. Our team is comprised of 50-50 gender parity, 27 nationalities and over 30 languages spoken! Over the last 4 years, we have grown to over 220 employees worldwide, with team members in Canada, the United States, Vietnam, China, India, Bangladesh, Nepal, and the Philippines. We are dedicated to achieving our mission through collaboration, hard work, ownership, and having fun...are you ready to help us make a difference?
The Knowledge Base Specialist will play a vital role in helping drive performance improvements across all aspects of Customer Experience.
- Maintain information, procedures and processes within the Knowledge Base
- Ensure knowledge base is highly functional and relevant for end users
- Assess tool capability, to make it easier for users to find the information at point of need
- Collaborate with other teams to identify and implement opportunities or address any issues with current documentation for continuous improvement
- Collaborate with subject matter experts to maintain and sustain a healthy knowledge base
- Create initiatives to increase self-help
- Drive a learning agenda for staff to develop best practices in regards to processes and use of systems
- Think outside the box – identify and share more creative, efficient and effective ways to engage audiences and facilitate sharing and collaboration
- Document and share learning – ensure requirements, lessons learned, and best practices for products, events, and other knowledge management activities are clear and documented
- 3+ experience in Knowledge Management and experience within a contact centre environment or similar volume
- Exceptional interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- Good analytical skills and experience
- Ability to work effectively in a diverse group as well as independently
- Exceptional organizational and time management skills
- Ability to multi-task and keep up with a fast-paced environment
- Ability to respond positively to change demonstrating flexibility in shifting priorities
- Web design experience
- Excellent communicator who can initiate and continue interactions with the people who share their insights and knowledge
- Experience using Google and Office Suites, Microsoft Access, Adobe Acrobat, Basecamp
- Bachelor's degree with a focus on training, business processes, knowledge management or related field
What We Offer:
- The opportunity to have an impact on a product that is positively affecting change to thousands of students lives every day
- Working alongside a brilliant and globally diverse team that is the fastest growing in the Waterloo region
- Great compensation and benefits package to keep you healthy and happy!
Thank you for your interest in ApplyBoard, however, only those applicants that have been selected for an interview will be contacted.
At ApplyBoard, we understand the value of having a diverse team. That’s why we believe in providing equal opportunity regardless of race, national or ethnic origin, colour, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, family status, genetic characteristics, disability, and conviction. Please let us know if you require accommodation during the recruitment process.