Customer Experience Manager
ApplyBoard was founded in 2015 with the belief that education is a right, not a privilege. Our vision is to make education accessible to thousands of students around the world. Through our platform and team of experts, we streamline the application process, from submission to enrollment, assisting students every step of the way.
Today, ApplyBoard has grown to become the world’s largest platform for international student recruitment to North America. We have built partnerships with over 1,200 of the best secondary and post-secondary education institutions across Canada and the United States and helped 60,000+ students apply to study abroad.
As a market leader, we are backed by some of the most prestigious global venture capitalists in the Silicon Valley and Toronto and are one of Canada’s fastest-growing tech companies - with no signs of slowing down.
ApplyBoard is built on innovation and diversity. Our team is comprised of 50-50 gender parity, 27 nationalities and over 30 languages spoken! Over the last 4 years, we have grown to over 220 employees worldwide, with team members in Canada, the United States, Vietnam, China, India, Bangladesh, Nepal, and the Philippines. We are dedicated to achieving our mission through collaboration, hard work, ownership, and having fun...are you ready to help us make a difference?
The Customer Experience Manager, reporting to the Director of Customer Experience Director, will oversee specialized Customer Experience teams, ensuring synchronized workflow with other teams as well as broader internal stakeholders (Partner Relations, Sales, Marketing, Dev). The Customer Experience Manager will be the "big picture" advocate so that we can make Customer Experience for our students, schools and recruiters the best possible.
- Develop processes to position teams in achieving its goals and objectives
- Coach, teach, and promote a positive team attitude to increase productivity of associated team members
- Responsible for developing and implementing staff development plansInitiate and oversee retention initiatives
- Develop enablement and cross training plans for the team
- Communicate across various ApplyBoard teams and maintain open communication with internal stakeholders
- 5+ years experience in customer service or account management
- 5+ years experience managing people
- Strong leadership and people management skills
- Proven track record in building highly skilled customer service teams
- Direct experience in establishing and achieving goals and targets tied to Customer Experience
- Exceptional interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- Strong knowledge in MS Excel/Sheets and ability to analyze and report on data
- Experience using Google and Office Suites, Microsoft Access, Adobe Acrobat, Basecamp
- Minimum Associates Degree (Bachelor Degree preferred)
What We Offer:
- The opportunity to have an impact on a product that is positively affecting change to thousands of students lives every day
- Working alongside a brilliant and globally diverse team that is the fastest growing in the Waterloo region
- Great compensation and benefits package to keep you healthy and happy!
Thank you for your interest in ApplyBoard, however, only those applicants that have been selected for an interview will be contacted.
At ApplyBoard, we understand the value of having a diverse team. That’s why we believe in providing equal opportunity regardless of race, national or ethnic origin, colour, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, family status, genetic characteristics, disability, and conviction. Please let us know if you require accommodation during the recruitment process.