The future of work means a growing impact from artificial intelligence, the automation of jobs, and changing models of what work looks like. At Plum, we’re preparing enterprise organizations for the biggest disruption to the workforce since the industrial revolution by quantifying people’s innate strengths and matching them to jobs where they thrive. We are a Waterloo-based SaaS company of 22 people (in the process of doubling in size!) that automates advanced Industrial/Organizational Psychology to provide organizations with the talent data they need to prepare for the future of work.
We are looking for a UX Designer to join our team. Reporting to the Head of Design, you will lead efforts to create new and better experiences for Plum’s growing roster of customers. By bringing your full arsenal of UX design, interaction design, and visual design, you, along with the rest of our talented Design Team will be building the future.
From ideation to development to release, you’ll work with the Product, Design, Marketing, and Software Development teams to deliver products that are changing the landscape in Talent Management. We know, Talent Management isn’t as sexy as the latest AI photo app that puts mustaches on everyone, but it is a space that has no real tools yet. You’ll help build a new set of applications the business world desperately needs.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Meet with customers to research user behavior
- Create wireframes, prototypes, and high-fidelity designs
- Create Interactive prototypes using Adobe XD and other tools
- Measure and report qualitative and quantitative UX outcomes
- Create visually stunning and intuitive interfaces
- Communicate with customers and our various teams to receive feedback as part of our iterative process
- Conduct UX research and usability testing, and apply those learnings in your designs
WHAT YOU’LL NEED
- Portfolio demonstrating your UX skills and design process (link to portfolio in resume is required)
- Understanding of the technical limitations behind your UX decisions
- Familiarity with writing UI copy
- 2-5 years of industry UX design
- A Bachelor’s degree or equivalent training and work experience
- The ability to adapt based on better data and feedback
- The ability to use objective measures to defend design decisions
- You’ve designed for B2B/Enterprise customers
- Have taken HCI courses or other behavioral research courses
WHO YOU ARE
- You view problems from a unique perspective in order to overcome obstacles
- You can receive and give feedback constructively
- You attend to details to ensure accurate and timely completion of projects
- You enjoy simplifying complicated problems into easy-to-use solutions
WHO WE ARE
At Plum, we believe in transparency, commitment, and a culture of support and team orientation through the following initiatives:
- Competitive health benefits
- Flexible work schedule
- Bi-weekly team meals
- Fun monthly company events and activities
- Relaxed dress code and atmosphere
- Dog-friendly office
- Coaching and internal growth opportunities
We want to know more about who you are and how you’ll fit with our team and culture, as such we ask that you complete the Plum Discovery Survey (follow the Apply link below). By taking our Discovery Survey you’ll get a chance to check out our base product first hand and get your own Plum Profile that highlights your strengths and gives you tips to make sure your next role is the right fit.
At Plum, we are committed to building inclusive organizations – and that starts with our own team. We believe that diversity of thought and background breeds unbridled innovation. Therefore, we don’t discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Accommodations will be provided as requested by candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process, please email email@example.com.